• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

232 Limited S Vibration

D&S232

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
Hello all! This is my first post as we’ve just begun our boating journey about 9 months ago. Yesterday we were out on the water and everything was great!
after hanging out at a beach for a bit, we decided to head out for some tubing. Well, as soon as I throttled up past 5k, I had a strong vibration on my Starboard side. I have read tons of threads, and even pulled the jet housing off this morning, all clear there. Also,I can’t feel any sign of loose bearings but considering the speed that these turn, who knows! All of this to say, I’m at a loss now!
does anyone have a Hail Mary suggestion before I send her to the dealer and refinance my house for repairs:)
Thanks all! I have really appreciated all of the posts here. They have been so helpful!

Attachments

Scottintexas

Jetboaters Admiral
Staff member
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Loose or missing silicone?
Also I'd put it back in the water and try again, it's amazing how many time the problem disappears

JetPowered

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited
Boat Length
I can literally be something as small as a twig between the impeller and pump housing or a small bit of moss in the trailing edge of the intake. I’d look again.

D&S232

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
Thank you both for your quick replies! It’s funny that Scottintexas mentioned a pice of silicone. Yes, when I pulled the impeller out I did see something up inside the shaft housing near where the shaft teeth would engage. I did fish that out. Ironically when I saw the reply we were head over the the lake to test things and problem is solved!!! Interesting how something like that, no where near the impeller could have such an impact. Thank you both again! Our boat season is just beginning and I was dreading 3-4 weeks of waiting for the boat shop to look at things!