• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

24 AR220 Radio Change

bamapilot

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I did search with not much luck. I just purchased a new 24 AR220, and I’m wanting to upgrade the sound system. My dealer said he didn’t think I could swap out the head unit since it is linked in with the connect system. Is this true?
If someone has done this recently what setup are you running?

unknownghosted

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Hi, I have a 2022 AR220. I have replaced the stock speakers and headunit and added sub and 3 amps. Didn’t see any interconnectivity between the Connex system. I now have a Kicker 45KM654L 6.5” , KMTC8W 8” tower, 46CWTB104 sub with WetSounds WS-MC-2 head unit, only minor issue was shape and size in replacing the round stock unit with the square WetSounds, alittle overhang off the console on the bottom right, i used a thin rubber matt to make everything flush. Watch out for battery usage, if you get carried away….see above :)

Hope that helps!

Marvin willis

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Hi, I have a 2022 AR220. I have replaced the stock speakers and headunit and added sub and 3 amps. Didn’t see any interconnectivity between the Connex system. I now have a Kicker 45KM654L 6.5” , KMTC8W 8” tower, 46CWTB104 sub with WetSounds WS-MC-2 head unit, only minor issue was shape and size in replacing the round stock unit with the square WetSounds, alittle overhang off the console on the bottom right, i used a thin rubber matt to make everything flush. Watch out for battery usage, if you get carried away….see above :)

Hope that helps!
And your connex screen still controls the stereo? If so how did you wire it?

bamapilot

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I just finished mine also. The ar220 doesn’t connect through the screen.

kenwood Kmr-300bt head unit
Kenwood XM802-5 amp
Kenwood XM502-1 amp
JL Audio W3-6.5 to replace stock speakers
JL Audio W6-7.7 wake towers
JL Audio w6-10 subwoofer

Backlit blue led light rings behind 6.5” speakers

Very happy with sound now 😁. I like the Kenwood head unit because it has a quick access subwoofer control, so I turn down the sub when not needed

Attachments

mtudb24

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I just finished mine also. The ar220 doesn’t connect through the screen.

kenwood Kmr-300bt head unit
Kenwood XM802-5 amp
Kenwood XM502-1 amp
JL Audio W3-6.5 to replace stock speakers
JL Audio W6-7.7 wake towers
JL Audio w6-10 subwoofer

Backlit blue led light rings behind 6.5” speakers

Very happy with sound now 😁. I like the Kenwood head unit because it has a quick access subwoofer control, so I turn down the sub when not needed
Very nice. Looks great.
Please excuse my ignorance, but when you buy speakers that have LED lighting like you did (and if I only wanted 1 color so I didn't have to worry about a RGB controller), do you have to run extra power and ground wires to the speakers to light up the LED's or is the current power and ground speaker wire that attaches to the factory speakers all that is need?
Thanks

bamapilot

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Very nice. Looks great.
Please excuse my ignorance, but when you buy speakers that have LED lighting like you did (and if I only wanted 1 color so I didn't have to worry about a RGB controller), do you have to run extra power and ground wires to the speakers to light up the LED's or is the current power and ground speaker wire that attaches to the factory speakers all that is need?
Thanks
Depends on the speakers. You can hook up a RGB controller or simply hook up whichever color wire you want and ground. Separate wire does need to be run for the lights though