• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter
  • Please read the Classified Ads Posting Rules before Posting something for Sale!

Boats MUST LIST A LOCATION (State)IN THE TITLE (Seems people can't read lately)-along with Make/Model/Year

Want To Buy 242 limited se or 242x

35tsc

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
Looking for a 242 Limited SE or a 242XE.
thanks
Mark

906Tony

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
There is a 2018 242x on eBay right now. 162 hrs, warranty till 4/22. Listing is Arkansas but says boat is currently in Florida. Also says one owner. $59000 obo. looks good in the pictures.

bhutto

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
In FL, from NJ, registered in PA, but can deliver to AR. Sounds legit...

35tsc

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
In FL, from NJ, registered in PA, but can deliver to AR. Sounds legit...
I actually talk to the guy on the phone tonight. Nothing added up. Says he owns the boat but does not have the title. The dealer has the title in their name and he is just trying to sell it. Went back and fourth on who actually owns the boat and still confused. Definitely not a good sounding deal. Decent price but the story does not add up.

906Tony

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I actually talk to the guy on the phone tonight. Nothing added up. Says he owns the boat but does not have the title. The dealer has the title in their name and he is just trying to sell it. Went back and fourth on who actually owns the boat and still confused. Definitely not a good sounding deal. Decent price but the story does not add up.
Man that sucks, makes you wonder what his deal is.There will be more out there.

IvanRZB

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Sounds like he probably has a loan on it so it's not a free and clear title. My wife is in banking, she says the most complicated type of vehicle sale are private sales with active loans on vehicles. Might be legit but the guy may not understand how financing works?

906Tony

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Sounds like he probably has a loan on it so it's not a free and clear title. My wife is in banking, she says the most complicated type of vehicle sale are private sales with active loans on vehicles. Might be legit but the guy may not understand how financing works?
When I bought my boat, the guy still had a loan on it. So we did the sale at the sellers bank. I believe I made the check out to his bank which paid off his note and the remainder went into his account. That part was simple. The title was non exsistant. I purchased from Kansas which does not title boats. State of Michigan (my state) advised me to call Kansas Dept of wildlife parks and tourism and have them provide documentation of the sale which then allowed Michigan to generate a title for my boat. A little tricky but all good in the end.

35tsc

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
bump - still looking

906Tony

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I was browsing boat trader earlier and saw quite a few 242x models That are recently listed. Have you tried Facebook marketplace? That’s another good place to look.

35tsc

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
ya - been looking at facebook marketplace as well as boat trader and a few other places. The ones I have contacted have all been pending offers. I have not contacted the ones that are asking 5-10k more than when the boat was new.

Avidgrant

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length
lots of boats out there right now (including at least a dozen 2016 or newer 242 models). All the overpriced ones are just sitting. Anything reasonably priced seems to sell pretty quick. But keep watching, fb, boattrader, etc.... Sooner or later the people with the over-priced ones will figure it out. Watch out for scams as well. Had someone with a 2013 AR240 for sale for 38k tell me people were offering them 45k and did I want to make an offer. That boat is still available- so I think some of these people are just playing games, are not serious or may be scammers. You can see once a person sells a boat- if they mark it sold. I would say about 50%(or more) of the boats for sale at unreasonable prices are for people with no REAL intention of selling. Its like the "Buy my house" feature on Zillow.... ill put a super high number here and if someone pays me that number ill move/selll my boat.

906Tony

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
lots of boats out there right now (including at least a dozen 2016 or newer 242 models). All the overpriced ones are just sitting. Anything reasonably priced seems to sell pretty quick. But keep watching, fb, boattrader, etc.... Sooner or later the people with the over-priced ones will figure it out. Watch out for scams as well. Had someone with a 2013 AR240 for sale for 38k tell me people were offering them 45k and did I want to make an offer. That boat is still available- so I think some of these people are just playing games, are not serious or may be scammers. You can see once a person sells a boat- if they mark it sold. I would say about 50%(or more) of the boats for sale at unreasonable prices are for people with no REAL intention of selling. Its like the "Buy my house" feature on Zillow.... ill put a super high number here and if someone pays me that number ill move/selll my boat.
I’ve even saw some dealers in Minnesota trying to get about $6000 more than the msrp on the AR250, what a joke,just drive to the next state over and pay the proper price!

35tsc

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
Where at? Location?

ChanceG

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
255XD
Boat Length
Hi there have our 2020 242XE for sale now on FB Market Place. In Ohio but will meet half way within reason...LMK any questions

35tsc

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
Thanks everyone. I picked up a 2020 242x from a fellow member.