• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

242 Shoreland'r with Stoltz roller...this doesn't look any better!

Chiton

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242 Limited S E-Series
Boat Length
Just brought my '19 242 limited S E home and one of the first things I noticed was the roller. With no bow scuff plate like I've had with previous boats, thought I'd read some discussion threads, and noticed this was a hot topic. So being proactive before ever launching the boat I just swapped the stock Shoreland'r for the Stoltz recommended by many threads;
3.5 inch Stoltz Bow Roller with Bells for Yamaha Jet Boat- Shoreland'r Trailers

This really doesn't look any better! Is this what other 242 owner's setups are looking like? Are folks using the 2nd from the bottom hole height adjustment on their Shorelandr trailers? I feel like maybe moving to the bottom hole so the roller is not wedged under the lip (white to blue hull in the pic)? Anyone done this?

Sbrown

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I tried that roller as well because of recommendations I read here, but like you, I wasn't a fan of that setup, either. I didn't try moving the position of the winch because I think it's in its best position as is. I did use a different roller and bell setup from Stoltz. It has a 3" center roller with wider centering groove and smaller diameter bells that allow the keel to contact the center roller without distorting the bells so much. Still room for improvement, but I think it's way better. If I can get you part numbers, I will.

Edit: It's the Stoltz Ultimate bow stop #336 here's a link to see it.

Last edited:

Chiton

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242 Limited S E-Series
Boat Length
Thanks. I'll have to give this one a try.

AJack

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
That's how mine looks. I figured everyone's looked like that.

Hint: Immediately rinse your tie down buckles if launching and recovering from salt water, those things are going to quickly corrode on you if you don't.

Livi0411

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I tried that roller as well because of recommendations I read here, but like you, I wasn't a fan of that setup, either. I didn't try moving the position of the winch because I think it's in its best position as is. I did use a different roller and bell setup from Stoltz. It has a 3" center roller with wider centering groove and smaller diameter bells that allow the keel to contact the center roller without distorting the bells so much. Still room for improvement, but I think it's way better. If I can get you part numbers, I will.

Edit: It's the Stoltz Ultimate bow stop #336 here's a link to see it.

Do you have a picture of this set-up you can share? I have same issue as @ Chiton

Chiton

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242 Limited S E-Series
Boat Length
Boat's in storage now, but I've been using the 336 for a few months and it works great. I'll snap some pics next time I have it out.

ericoask424

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I know this thread is old but did the 336 work on a 4 inch opening? Thanks!

Chiton

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242 Limited S E-Series
Boat Length
I think you could probably get it to work with some washers/spacers. I stretched things out to 3.5" originally for the 3.5" Stoltz, but have since put it back at 3" for the 336. If your trailer is designed like below maybe you could bend things to close the gap closer to 3.5" so not so much gap for the
roller to move side?
image0.jpegimage1.jpegimage2.jpegto side.

ericoask424

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length