• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

242x Ballasts not filling at all

Collarman

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length
My 242x has never filled the ballasts.
I brought to the dealer and they stated everything was fine. I get back out on the water and nothing is filling.

My dealer is now backed up 4 weeks for any work.

The screen states they are filled after the pump being on for awhile but there is absolutely no water entering.

Where is the water coming in from?
Is it under the boat? on both sides? one side?

Do I need to clean it out?

Any suggestions would be appreciated. Thanks.

Liftr

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length
I will assume that you have the petcock valve open? It’s on the engine bay floor beside the starboard engine.

I’m having the same problem. They replaced the pump controller once, but it loses its memory every time I turn off the batteries.
The work around is to fill the bags from the Calibration Screen.
Sorry, but I don have “the fix” to help you.

BigAbe75

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
X
Boat Length
My 242x has never filled the ballasts.
I brought to the dealer and they stated everything was fine. I get back out on the water and nothing is filling.

My dealer is now backed up 4 weeks for any work.

The screen states they are filled after the pump being on for awhile but there is absolutely no water entering.

Where is the water coming in from?
Is it under the boat? on both sides? one side?

Do I need to clean it out?

Any suggestions would be appreciated. Thanks.
Make sure your ballast valve is open correctly. I believe it’s a 3 position valve. Closed - Open - Closed.... so open is in the middle.

The valve is toward the bottom of the starboard engine on the starboard side.

try filling one bag at a time. There is only a single intake that all 3 pumps pull from. And, it is a timer based system, not pressurized. So, the computer just says “well, I’ve been running x minutes... damn, I must be full”.

I have a profile set to fill the port bag only. Then I switch to my surf profile that has port and ski locker full. Since port is already full, it only runs the ski locker pump.

Collarman

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length
Thanks. I really appreciate it. I will check.