• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

242X Owners and People With Surf Point Technology Boats. Have you re-aligned your Jet Nozzles to Take Away Surf Pointe? Any advantages/disadvantages?

NewBoater

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length
For those of you that have boats with Surf Pointe technology, did you leave the nozzle pointed inward or re-align the nozzles so they are both straight? What advantages/disadvantages have you seen either way? I'm going to be adding on a Cobra Steering System to the boat and adding a Wake Booster Kit so I'm not sure the nozzle pointing inward will help anything? I've heard gas mileage and top speed improve when re-aligning the nozzles so they are both straight (in essence taking away or turning off the Yamaha Surf Pointe Technology part of the boat). Thanks!

Don't have that, so have no direct knowledge.

But I do recall that being discussed here several times and Jeff's recommendations. If I recall correctly, each person who followed Jeff's advice on the matter liked the results and cited no downsides.

Personally, I would make them straight...

Back