• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

242XE Lowering Tower Tower does not seem lower back still seems raised

NewBoater

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length
Hey guys I needed to go under a tight bridge and ended up making it with the tower up but when I tried to lower it it didn’t really get much lower what did I do wrong? I tried both areas for tower lowering. There are 2 areas on back to twist and then pull out then it goes down with struts. But the back of the tower/Bimini was still just as high it seemed or higher. Then the front has a knob adjustment and I tried the other location with the screw back in and that didn’t help?

Is the tower supposed to come down and the Bimini tilt supposed to still be pointing up in the back not really lowering it that much?

Thanks!

I think it only lowers by 1 foot.

On the 2016 -2017 there are two knobs that when removed allow the Bimini to pivot . I think the later models went to one knob but this allows the Bimini to be set higher for taller people but should still be able to be removed

Wednesday, August 04, 2021.jpg

On the 2016 -2017 there are two knobs that when removed allow the Bimini to pivot . I think the later models went to one knob but this allows the Bimini to be set higher for taller people but should still be able to be removed

View attachment 159160

Can anyone confirm if the 2018 model lowers this much? Thanks!

Hey guys I needed to go under a tight bridge and ended up making it with the tower up but when I tried to lower it it didn’t really get much lower what did I do wrong? I tried both areas for tower lowering. There are 2 areas on back to twist and then pull out then it goes down with struts. But the back of the tower/Bimini was still just as high it seemed or higher. Then the front has a knob adjustment and I tried the other location with the screw back in and that didn’t help?

Is the tower supposed to come down and the Bimini tilt supposed to still be pointing up in the back not really lowering it that much?

Thanks!
Take the front knob all the way loose. For going under a bridge you’ll have to just hold it where you want it. For travel, you should have another 1’ long aluminum bracket that will screw in place to secure the front.

On trailer, I can get under 10’ door…. barely. To get this flat, I can’t use the front bracket, I have to use a dock line around the bimini to hold the rear of it down to level.

C4057C38-EA42-481B-86EB-CFF21E9B3E2F.jpeg5D0310E5-365F-4640-933E-7642B090910E.jpeg

On trailer, I can get under 10’ door…. barely. To get this flat, I can’t use the front bracket, I have to use a dock line around the bimini to hold the rear of it down to level.

View attachment 159170View attachment 159171
Oh, I also have to remove my flag holders otherwise the bimini hits them when collapsing. I have my tower racks in the lower area and those are ok, if I remember right.

Back