• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

252 Sliding Seat Diagram

adrianp89

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
252SE
Boat Length
Anyone have a diagram of how these work? One of mine is stuck (the release lever).... would rather try to fix my self then deal with leaving it at the dealer for 2 months.

adrianp89

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
252SE
Boat Length
So I got it somewhat a part still can't figure out the issue. Something is causing resistance on the release lever and I cannot pull it down. It seems be locked in the far back position. Anyone have thoughts of what could cause this?

FYI: Garelick looks to be the one who manufactures the seat harder (as well as some other hardware for the boat).

adrianp89

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
252SE
Boat Length
Fully dis-assembled - the locking pin is completely frozen in the rail. I e-mailed Garelick to see if they can send a replacement.

TechPMP

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
255XD
Boat Length
Fully dis-assembled - the locking pin is completely frozen in the rail. I e-mailed Garelick to see if they can send a replacement.
Do you have instructions for taking the seat apart to get to the mechanism? I am having this issue with my 255XD. Mine had resistance also, I unfortunately like a dumbass pulled it down and now it is stuck down but the seat will not move.

adrianp89

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
252SE
Boat Length
Do you have instructions for taking the seat apart to get to the mechanism? I am having this issue with my 255XD. Mine had resistance also, I unfortunately like a dumbass pulled it down and now it is stuck down but the seat will not move.
I think I posted what to do on here. I’d reach out to Garlick to get a replacement piece before taking it out though. One time I was able to get it free the second time it was frozen and a hammer/chisel wouldn’t budge it

TechPMP

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
255XD
Boat Length
Thanks Adrian , I am posting the other discussion here in case others are looking for this info also. https://jetboaters.net/threads/252-rear-seat-backrest.38223/

I got it all apart and back together working. Pulling the rail out wasn't very easy but it wiggles out as long as you completely take out the adjustment cable screw. I took the hinge unit apart also so that I wasn't lugging the triangle cushion around. I poured salt be gone on the Garlick unit holes and let it sit for a few minutes then I tapped the side of the unit while pulling the cable to get it moving. Once it was moving I put Marine grease in the spring hole and around the pin the locks the bottom and pulled it several more times. It all went back together easy so I decided to lube up the other side hopefully to avoid any issues. One thing I noticed was that the bottom screw on the hinge that you pull to slide was backed out on both seats. I tightened those up as well.

Last edited: