• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

252SE - Looking for Solution to board boat from the bow during launching

Jeff R.

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
252SE
Boat Length
Driver typically backs me into the water while I'm in the boat, I fire up the engines and then disconnect the bow eye strap. I upgraded from a 21 ft Yamaha to a 252 and this boat is HUGE. I can't reach over to disconnect the bow eye strap. And am looking for a way to get out of and into to the boat from the bow. Any suggestions? I would assume using the integrated bow ladder would be a bad idea. Thanks.

adrianp89

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
252SE
Boat Length
Have the driver do it, get back in the truck and slam on the brakes to push you off.

AZMark

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
Driver typically backs me into the water while I'm in the boat, I fire up the engines and then disconnect the bow eye strap. I upgraded from a 21 ft Yamaha to a 252 and this boat is HUGE. I can't reach over to disconnect the bow eye strap. And am looking for a way to get out of and into to the boat from the bow. Any suggestions? I would assume using the integrated bow ladder would be a bad idea. Thanks.
Someone on here installed a folding ladder made for that purpose on their trailer if you search around.

1WetBoat

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I depends on how busy the ramp is. If there is alot of traffic i get in the boat at the staging area and the wife backs me into the water. We stop just short of the trailer being fully in the water and unhook the bow eye. Then as we back up she taps on the brakes and the boat floats off. If it isnt too busy, we use the rope at the cleats method instead of being in the boat and just float it off the trailer once in the water to the dock.

ugamarkj

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
252SD
Boat Length
What I installed: 0A3FED7A-8BE6-4D6B-9564-CC0867E81578.jpeg

Jeff R.

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
252SE
Boat Length
Several great ideas. Thanks everyone. I appreciate the advice.