• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

255 Front Livewell

LeonPhelps

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
I cant get my front livewell to work, anyone have any ideas ? Back is working fine.

JASmith

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
Do you hear the motor running? If so it might just be plugged with debris.
Have you tried forcing water through it in reverse through all the holes? I had a bunch of leafy goodness jammed in mine that I found the other day. I also tried using weed eater line to clean it out but couldn't get it far enough in.

LeonPhelps

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
I tried water but no luck, maybe I will try the weed eater line. I think it may be something else though because it never worked from day one.

Joe_C

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
did you check the breaker. the breaker kicks on my bilge pump once and while. the reset is under the black caps above each switch. sorry if you have already tried that. but it is difficult to tell with the limited post. do you hear the pump kick on at all. does the switch on the aerator light up.

If it hasn't worked from day one then it is probably something defective that you won't be able to fix on your own. bad wiring, or switch or pump.

LeonPhelps

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
Yup, I hear the motor and the switch lights up. Im wondering if there is some kind of cap on the intake that the dealer may have forgotten to remove.

Jkp1799

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
There is a cutoff valve in the engine compartment, you must turn on. It is next to the port engine. Becareful, my hose had a loose connection on the opposite end. Water leaked all in the engine compartment before I realized it.

LeonPhelps

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
There is a cutoff valve in the engine compartment, you must turn on. It is next to the port engine. Becareful, my hose had a loose connection on the opposite end. Water leaked all in the engine compartment before I realized it.
Thanks JKP, the valve was the problem.