• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

255XD - 2021 - How to clear Check Engine Light /warning - After Impeller jam

ChanceG

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
255XD
Boat Length
Hi there, Curious if anyone has found a way to clear the annoying Check Engine Warning and Light on dash after an impeller jam that lead to an overheat warning and shut down. Only the Port engine (which had the jam) but since has operated at speed with no problem, except the warning light... Have cycled batteries about 10-15 times since it happened 2 days ago and have let it sit from over 10 hours with batteries off.... ANY THOUGHTS on how to reset this? ....more details below..

• Sunday drove through some dirty water
  • Port Engine threw over heat and check engine light - shut down.
  • no waked out of channel on the starboard engine
  • Cleared port engine of branches and sticks
  • Recycled batteries - Temp light went off but check engine warning sounded and after clearing the warning, small engine icon remained red
  • Engines ran normal, went for a 30 minute cruise -ran perfectly full power
  • When i brought it back down to no wake to shift out of single handle mode - Check engine warning beeped again, but everyting operated normally
  • Back to doc without issues.

Any other thoughts on how to "reset" the check engine warning....seems like once its thrown, even though everything shuts down before damaging anything, you can't clear it. My last resort is pulling both battery positives, completely off for 2 minutes, but would rather not have to do that every time there is a jam.

Any thoughts appreciated. THX

NewGuy

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
255XD
Boat Length
Hi there, Curious if anyone has found a way to clear the annoying Check Engine Warning and Light on dash after an impeller jam that lead to an overheat warning and shut down. Only the Port engine (which had the jam) but since has operated at speed with no problem, except the warning light... Have cycled batteries about 10-15 times since it happened 2 days ago and have let it sit from over 10 hours with batteries off.... ANY THOUGHTS on how to reset this? ....more details below..

• Recycled batteries - Temp light went off but check engine warning sounded and after clearing the warning, small engine icon remained red
  • When i brought it back down to no wake to shift out of single handle mode - Check engine warning beeped again, but everyting operated normally

Any other thoughts on how to "reset" the check engine warning....seems like once its thrown, even though everything shuts down before damaging anything, you can't clear it. My last resort is pulling both battery positives, completely off for 2 minutes, but would rather not have to do that every time there is a jam.

Did you ever get an answer on this? I have the same situation.

Neil 242x

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length
Did you ever get an answer on this? I have the same situation.
Sort of...I will say the error seemed to present less often as I took it out more. For example, when I would switch to single throttle control it would sound, but later it stopped doing that when I would switch...very weird... what really cleared it was my dealer. Took in for 10 service and they cleared it via computer. Apparently, no way mere mortals can clear without their computer. Knock on wood,; I haven't jammed up like that since...so don't know if a software update was downloaded that would allow you to first....Hope that helps!

NewGuy

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
255XD
Boat Length
Sort of...I will say the error seemed to present less often as I took it out more. For example, when I would switch to single throttle control it would sound, but later it stopped doing that when I would switch...very weird... what really cleared it was my dealer. Took in for 10 service and they cleared it via computer. Apparently, no way mere mortals can clear without their computer. Knock on wood,; I haven't jammed up like that since...so don't know if a software update was downloaded that would allow you to first....Hope that helps!
Thank you! It has come of on its own so far with a number of power on and offs. We’ll see.

GWilkerson

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length
I was reading on here where someone had the same issue and they started and stopped the motor 3 to 5 times and it clears the light. Maybe its worth a shot and simple to do.

Relimseoy

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
255XD
Boat Length

After you hear the annoying sound disconnect both computer harness, left first then right. Then turn key to off position and go turn battery switch for 30 seconds. Now put computer harness back, batteries switch on and turn key. It has happened to me 3 times already. If check engine pop again it was right harness first and then left.