• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

255XD gets stuck in wake/surf mode

NewGuy

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
255XD
Boat Length
Hey all, still mostly love this boat, but lately it's driving me a little nuts. It keeps going into what I'd call a "mode" and maxes out at 15 mph, which, btw, is not a presetting I even have. I can switch to a preset wake mode (22 mph) and it does that just fine or if I completely shut down (cut battery power), I can get it back to normal. Next start-up it will go right back to maxing out at 15 mph. Any ideas?

Does it think you have the cruise control on for water sports?

It seems to - essentially governs it down to 15 mph

Do you have the cruise control on?
No, all off - I suppose I can just deal with cycling the batteries on and off until it goes in for the winter.

NO... so when you have ben surfing and using any os the presets ballast/ booster deployed. You cancel and retract the booster. If you are making adjustments while stopped motors off. Then start and try to take off too soon/ start and Immediately put it in forward the system governs you to 12 ish mph. It will not retract the booster while under way.

Thank you for the heads-up. We had not done any surfing or wakeboarding at all this past weekend. Always just in manual modes, but then it just started to govern on its own. I'll validate everything again this weekend.

Thank you for the heads-up. We had not done any surfing or wakeboarding at all this past weekend. Always just in manual modes, but then it just started to govern on its own. I'll validate everything again this weekend.
Some times / every time it does self auto retract test. If you (start + shift into forward too soon) it can happen too.

Hey all, still mostly love this boat, but lately it's driving me a little nuts. It keeps going into what I'd call a "mode" and maxes out at 15 mph, which, btw, is not a presetting I even have. I can switch to a preset wake mode (22 mph) and it does that just fine or if I completely shut down (cut battery power), I can get it back to normal. Next start-up it will go right back to maxing out at 15 mph. Any ideas?
I have a 2023 222xe mine did the same til I talk to a mechanic and I guess it has a safty sitting so when the sit and get turn back on it has to run the blower for 4 minutes or else it won't let you pass 15

Back