• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

255XD Loose hand rail

flyingnugget

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
255XD
Boat Length
Ok, WTH Yamaha! Why do you not fix the issue with the hand rails!!! Just a little loctite Yamaha.

Ok, slight rant over. Have a 2024 255XD and the starboard bow handrail is already coming loose! 🤦‍♂️

I knew how to fix them on my 242 but can someone please give me advice and suggestions on how to access the hand rail hardware on the newer boats?

appreciate ya,

YoDaddy292

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I don't know how the 255 is laid out but I found taking out the speaker helped get closer than the full reach-under from the seats. Buuut, since you knew how to do it on a 242 (which is probably closer to my hull) then this may not help.

F.M.

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
255XD
Boat Length
My 24 255XD has a port side handrail loose. Looks to me like removing the speakers for access is the way to go.

flyingnugget

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
255XD
Boat Length
@F.M. You too?
Yea I looked at that as probable entry point but the speaker is pretty far aft of the fwd handrail bolt. The storage compartment looks smaller too. Maybe it’s my mind saying, don’t even think of getting in there again 😂. That’s a pretty good stretch in a small spot. Wasn’t sure if I had to take the side cushion off to get access. Since you are on a roll with the mods, if u come across a way please let me know.

Jim Davis

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
255XE
Boat Length
I took the side cushion off on mine to get to it. 3 or 4 hidden screws then lift up on the cushion. There is a video somewhere but can't find it.

flyingnugget

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
255XD
Boat Length
@Jim Davis

How are the screws accessible? Do I still need to remove the speaker and get to them that way?

I’ll bring the boat home later this weekend to work on it before heading to JetSet?. Just trying to get a game plan.

thx

F.M.

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
255XD
Boat Length
Luckily mine was only the rear nut loose, so access thru the speaker hole was sufficient.

FYI since I’l you’ll be going in blind, it’s a 13mm.

flyingnugget

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
255XD
Boat Length
13mm… you Da’man!!!
Thanks for taking my torrets filled trial and error out of the way!

Jim Davis

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
255XE
Boat Length
@Jim Davis

How are the screws accessible? Do I still need to remove the speaker and get to them that way?

I’ll bring the boat home later this weekend to work on it before heading to JetSet?. Just trying to get a game plan.

thx
Yeah mine was the front I think. The screws are kind of hidden on the bottom of the side cushion if you need them.