• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

255XE on the water finally...

mostwanted

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
255XE
Boat Length
Well finally warm enough. Boat ran flawless. Not a single issue. Did the break in today. Did do one quick 3/4 ish throttle pull and went straight to 54 mph and I pulled back. Full fuel, 3 people, gear, but no bimini up. I only loaded ballast to 100% and did a few pulls 8-11 mph. I wish I could say OMG what an amazing wake but I cant just yet. I would doubt I could ride it ropeless 205#. Im coming from a Tige and the surf wake was massive. I think John will get it dialed in and once playing with ballast and weight placement will make a huge difference. But 100% out of the box it isnt Earth shattering. I wanted to spend time working through the systems and take the family for a ride and go to dinner. Boat is amazing. Wife has the surf wake pics on her phone but here are just a few pics of it on the water. We are super happy with the boat. Just trying to be honest about the wake for people thinking about spending 90K plus on it for the sole purpose of wake surfing. Brought it home to get it all cleaned up. Get the storage grime and pollen off. Will take it back out in a day or two. Water is way too cold to even try surfing etc so it will just be testing ballast and set up.

Attachments