• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

5 month Deposit Anniversary 8/27

malmana

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
195S
Boat Length
Deposit for Yacht Blue 195S in Virginia on August 27th. . So I've read through this forum over the past 5 months and really appreciate the brotherhood providing helpful tips and nuggets of wisdom. My dealer has been responsive to my inquires but frankly he is in the dark regarding any projected delivery. In a few post over these months there was a Bob Star from Yamaha referenced. Does anyone have his email/contact information. Another name was Jackie Dew. Phone number, email, or any other contacts are greatly appreciated. I've already purchased every bell and whistle for my new toy. This week we started construction on a detached garage for the toy and should be finished by mid February. Also curious - Surely I'm the current record holder for longest wait. Anyone else out there past the 5 month mark?

Bummer. Apparently order a Moomba now and it might be delivered by December.... it's a crazy new world.

Last edited:
@malmana I've seen some posts of FB that said they've been waiting for 7 months. Don't remember where I saw it but I read in the last day or two that some boats were waiting for coolers, SMH. Deliver the boat worry about the cooler later.

Seriously? Waiting for the cooler to ship the boat? I just figured most people don't use the cooler that comes with them anyways lol
Don't know if it's true just what I read. Crazy right?

@malmana I've seen some posts of FB that said they've been waiting for 7 months. Don't remember where I saw it but I read in the last day or two that some boats were waiting for coolers, SMH. Deliver the boat worry about the cooler later.

S.T.F.U. That HAS to be fake?!?!?! I took my blue cooler and stacked it in the pile of all the other useless junk. The only time that blue cooler will be in my boat was from the dealership to my home. "Keep the cooler, throw in a Yamaha logo throwable PFD".

Deposit for Yacht Blue 195S in Virginia on August 27th. . So I've read through this forum over the past 5 months and really appreciate the brotherhood providing helpful tips and nuggets of wisdom. My dealer has been responsive to my inquires but frankly he is in the dark regarding any projected delivery. In a few post over these months there was a Bob Star from Yamaha referenced. Does anyone have his email/contact information. Another name was Jackie Dew. Phone number, email, or any other contacts are greatly appreciated. I've already purchased every bell and whistle for my new toy. This week we started construction on a detached garage for the toy and should be finished by mid February. Also curious - Surely I'm the current record holder for longest wait. Anyone else out there past the 5 month mark?
HAve you looked around at other dealers to see if anything else was available. I got tired of waiting and started doing a 300 mile search and literally found a boat that just arrived in on a Wednesday and called Thursday AM, drove up and picked it up Saturday. The other Dealer had no issue giving me back my deposit since he had others wanting a boat. Best of luck.

S.T.F.U. That HAS to be fake?!?!?! I took my blue cooler and stacked it in the pile of all the other useless junk. The only time that blue cooler will be in my boat was from the dealership to my home. "Keep the cooler, throw in a Yamaha logo throwable PFD".
I put my deposit down 8.1.2020 so it has been almost 8 months now. I have no idea what my boat is waiting on and my dealer says they don’t know either.

We waited for over a year and finally gave up and went for your used Yamaha AR195 2019. Looking back, we are so glad it didn’t come in because we love this boat!

I was waiting for a year. Deposited cash October 2021. Finally, offered a boat in October of 2022.
Colors changed from 22 to 23. So I took the first color available. Now waiting for the season to start.

It’s totally worth the wait, @zpaul ! (…says the guy who only waited five months for the boat, then sat in it in his garage for another five months waiting for the ice to melt)

Placed our deposit for our 222 FSH in August as well. In no hurry, but was told February at the earliest.
Honestly with interest rates creeping up… there’s a chance we walk away when it comes in.

Back