• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

9/11

King

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Remember the unfolding of the day like it was yesterday.

Jim_in_Delaware

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Boatless
Year
NA
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Other
I remember watching the news, live, as the second plane hit the second tower and how horrific that was. I had just arrived at work, and someone had the TV in the conference room on. Hard to believe that was more than 20 years ago.

Jim

2kwik4u

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I remember watching the news, live, as the second plane hit the second tower and how horrific that was. I had just arrived at work, and someone had the TV in the conference room on. Hard to believe that was more than 20 years ago.

Jim
I struggle with the time passing. I took remember it like it was yesterday. We had one TV in the building, and it was tiny. I've never seen a larger group of men huddled around a 19in TV set. All completely silent.

I was 20 at the time, and the impact of the event didn't settle with me until much much later in life.

fatboyroy

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
I was living in the Bronx at that time working in armonk, when one of my colleagues told me a plane hit wtc I thought it’s some idiot on a Cessna, back then you can still fly in Hudson River (probably restricted now). When the 2nd plane hit that’s when they announced it was terrorist attack. When people in the building started crying about relative/wives/husband stuck in tower 1/2, it still haunts me to this day. finally the site mgr sent everyone home about 10am it was an empty highway I saw bunch of national guards truck and they block entry to Manhattan I have to take local rd to get home. My brother in law works in the nyc and had to walk all day to get to their house in queens. All cell signal is not working for a day or two I am not sure if they intentionally block it or due to calls overwhelming cell towers. The worst part to me is, I pass that building so many times and never once visited it, I always say I can do it anytime I want. After about a year I went to check out Empire State Building, you just never know if it will stand forever.