• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

A couple of bucket list items I am modifying or taking off my bucket list

Ronnie

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
First, my knees have been killing me since I turned 50 a little over a year ago, prior to which and since I’ve been running for exercise consistently. I think it’s more than arthritis And running even short (E.g. 5k/3.1 miles) distance Is challenging/painful. So runnning a conventional marathon is out. I may participate in the wine and food marathon in France with my wife though, basically you walk or run between wineries and restaurants in France, drinking and eating the whole time they stop tracking time after 6.5 hours. If I do this with my wife, she can check off one of her bucket list items as well, going to France. Still I might opt for the HI marathon instead, no time limit so my first and probably only marathon will not end with a DNF (did not finish) next to my name.
A25FB7AF-DB41-4B64-A6DD-D78852C41D4C.png

Second, is eating at the French Laundry near Napa California. it’s a 3 star restaurant with a lot of history that includes heavenly bills (e.g. $2,500 dinners for two). It’s currently infamous for hosting a dinner party attended by CA’s current governor which was not complainant with COVID guidelines. A few years ago someone broke in a stole over $300k in wine. Anyway, we were in the area so decided to stop by and make a reservation for our wedding anniversary next May. We were told reservations can only be made online but when I went online I could only make a reservation u til the end of this year and all of the weekends I looked at were booked. It doesn’t matter since the price was a lot higher than I thought it would be (a few years ago). I Am willing to spend $500 plus tip and a corking fee just for the experience but after seeing the current price and terms online for a meal outside / under a tent or an indoor meal has made me take this experience off the bucket list and move it to the if I win the lottery jackpot list (I.e., I will waste this much money one time). See the last pic / screenshot. We should never be that hungry. Incidentally, when we visited the place was packed (inside and out) no one had canceled their reservation so they could not seat us for lunch. Thank God as I, sure we would have walked out with/in sticker shock as soon as we saw the menu/price. The menu is fixed by the way, you choose between two coarses offered that week (I think).
FE93C5E8-319E-4974-B7EE-C93CA1410677.jpeg54831F5A-6413-49BD-9472-DC1C4CE396AB.jpegD92F11A2-DC76-48FC-9F10-3DFB77DAF805.png