• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

A good read regarding Active Captain

That was a good read. I assume by "cruising" they mean making extended trips out on the boat, and having to plan your route and stays carefully. I hope to spend a good portion of my retirement doing just that. With the logistics of big trips being 1/2 the fun for me.

While I haven't "cruised" in a boat (yet), I have been involved with the planning, prep, and riding of two multi-day bicycle trips (Louisville to Philly in 7 days, and Seattle to San Francisco in 14 days). In this situation knowing your source is a big deal, but with the advent of Google Street View, usually pretty easily managed. Only a few days, and in a few select locations did we have to revert back to paper maps to get us good info on planning. Likewise, once on the journey, we only met obstacles (construction, road closures, etc) a few times, and they were never really debilitating to the ride. In those instances the ability to be a bit flexible with our plans payed huge dividends in the ability to continue forward.

Boots on the ground (or boat in the water in this case) info is so valuable, and it's such a shame that ActiveCaptain has that made up info in that particular area. Misinformation is often worse than no information at all in my experience.

@McMark

I would like to blame you for spending several hours over the last day reading the Slowboat blog.

I would also like to blame you for adding another item to my bucket list as well. Those trips look amazing. What a cool adventure!

Back