• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter
  • Announcing the 2024 Jetboat Pilot 10th Annual Marine Mat Group Buy for JetBoaters.net members only! This is your best time to buy Marine Mat from JetboatPilot - you won't get a better price - 30% Off! Use Coupon Code JETBOATERS.NET at checkout.

So if you are tired of stepping on really hot snaps/carpet, or tired of that musty carpet smell - Marine Mat is the best alternative out there! Get in on this now, or pay more later!

You only have until September 30th to get in on this.....So Hurry!

You can dismiss this notice by clicking on the "X" in the upper right corner>>>>>>>>

A Jetboat for us......finally

Enduro900

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
SeaDoo
Year
Boat Model
Challenger
Boat Length
Well after 2+ years of research, looking at different options and watching the whole boating market turned on its head......We are finally getting back into boating (after a 20 year hiatus). Struggling at seeing prices skyrocket over the last year I started to wonder if maybe we should just continue renting 2-3 times a summer.

Just when we had decided we would wait until the January Boat show in MI, to see all boats in one place, and see if by then maybe “boat show specials” would at least be more reasonable, I stumbled upon a 2012 Seadoo Challenger SE 430HP with 102 hrs. The second owner has owned it for the last 5 years, and claims zero issues. He also had the Superchargers serviced last year since the boat was getting so long-in-the-tooth.

Picking it up tonight (out of state) and wife and I will then head to Northern Michigan to close out summer here with 2 days of boating. Our nephew and his wife/kids from OH are also coming up/bringing 2 sea-doos so hopefully we can have a great time!

Thank you to all that have answered my questions over the years.......this is really a great forum community and I’ve enjoyed reading a TON of posts on here to learn so much about jets.

Now which steering fin kit should I buy LOL......

And also, who are people using for insurance? I went with Progressive to close the loan quickly, but $1200.00 for the year seemed a little high to me for something we use 3-4 months a year here in Michigan?

Attachments

• D4737E9F-EC17-428F-941C-4C73D35496FB.png
    D4737E9F-EC17-428F-941C-4C73D35496FB.png
    15.5 MB · Views: 63
  • D7DCB981-AAEC-40E3-A763-B3DDE5CD7E2C.png
    D7DCB981-AAEC-40E3-A763-B3DDE5CD7E2C.png
    21.2 MB · Views: 55
Last edited:
Wife and I head up to TC every other month and stay on east bay, we also boat at Torch frequently. Good looking boat, enjoy your trip.

We just picked up a 2022 SX210 and full coverage through progressive was $412. $500k injury & property, $500 deductible for collision and comprehensive. We are in Ohio though, could be why it's lower. Michigan is brutal on insurance premiums.

Nice boat!!!

For insurance we use State Farm.

State Farm as well. I think it’s about $500/yr.

Congrats on the boat, it looks nice! For steering, Thrust Vector and Cobra Steering is both good you can go either way. I have Boat-US/Geico insurance $387/year for 19 footer.

Well after 2+ years of research, looking at different options and watching the whole boating market turned on its head......We are finally getting back into boating (after a 20 year hiatus). Struggling at seeing prices skyrocket over the last year I started to wonder if maybe we should just continue renting 2-3 times a summer.

Just when we had decided we would wait until the January Boat show in MI, to see all boats in one place, and see if by then maybe “boat show specials” would at least be more reasonable, I stumbled upon a 2012 Seadoo Challenger SE 430HP with 102 hrs. The second owner has owned it for the last 5 years, and claims zero issues. He also had the Superchargers serviced last year since the boat was getting so long-in-the-tooth.

Picking it up tonight (out of state) and wife and I will then head to Northern Michigan to close out summer here with 2 days of boating. Our nephew and his wife/kids from OH are also coming up/bringing 2 sea-doos so hopefully we can have a great time!

Thank you to all that have answered my questions over the years.......this is really a great forum community and I’ve enjoyed reading a TON of posts on here to learn so much about jets.

Now which steering fin kit should I buy LOL......

And also, who are people using for insurance? I went with Progressive to close the loan quickly, but $1200.00 for the year seemed a little high to me for something we use 3-4 months a year here in Michigan?
I have Geico/BoatUs....$53.00 a month for a 2021 212SE...It will probably double, I had a big claim already.

Boat ran flawless over the 3-day weekend. 54 mph, with an Eco mode cruising speed of 32 mph. LOVED the docking mode, and also the cruise mode.

And of course the Transat/swim deck loungers are pretty cool too…..in fact for Labor Day the boat sat still for a lot of it LOL8B2270C3-E40C-4099-B5D2-A52B1DB7BD88.png

Awesome boat. I know someone that would appreciate the SeaDek group buy! Enjoy the final days of summer while you can. Nice work!

20190724_134253_480x480.jpg

WooHoo! Nice boat. Welcome to the water again!

Awesome boat. I know someone that would appreciate the SeaDek group buy! Enjoy the final days of summer while you can. Nice work!

20190724_134253_480x480.jpg

Haha yes, working on a full kit with Will as I type this!!! Which is that, the terra over black or??

Last edited:
Back