• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

A murder in Bimini on April 27th, 2019

Bruce

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral 1*
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Murders in Bimini are rare. This is the third that I am aware of in six years, two of which were within the last year. All have been on North Bimini.

I am certain that this will be a hot topic among those traveling to Bimini this summer so I will post the little that I know.

Alain, the Cuban American operator of Bimini Big Johns was shot in the face multiple times outside his home at Bimini Bay / Resorts World last night. At least one colleague was with him at the time and reported the shooting. The police are searching for the shooter but have not said that they know who it was.

There was a previous armed robbery on the Resorts World grounds a few years ago. I suspect that Alain would have been targeted for cash he likely carrier home from work.

Here is an informative posting

“ Guys there was an incident last night in Bimini you should all know regarding Big Johns and their owners, one the Cook we all know. This however happened in Bimini Bay. I’m receiving updates all morning:

He has passed was the latest. Read the report below

Good Morning to all,

Please be advised that at around 1:30am - 1:45am shortly after power resotoration to Bimini Bay the owner of Big John's Alan Perez was shot multiple times at his unit 10814 shortly after re entering the property with two other individuals one of whom was identified as former head chef werzner lopez.

Initial reports state that at around 1:25am officers reported hearing what sounded like multiple gun shots, the mobile unit which was exiting the private island entered section 1 of the hoa after hearing the shots, simultaneously a slim caucasion male ran out near the fountain screaming for help that his boss was shot multiple times. His wounds were staunched best as possible and the police had been alerted previously when the gun shots were heard. With assistance from rw security ambulance he was taken to the clinic where he lost vitals and conciousness twice. He is now stabalaized but unable to give any information in regards to his assailant or why he would of been attacked in said manner.

Police are stating the same concerns of the security team in regards to the HOA, the vunerable access from the roadway, inadequate lighting, the beach access and the access at the rear of the tennis court. At this point they are reliant on any possible witness statements or Mr. Perez being able at some point to give information on his assailant.

This is now a police investigation and any information I received from the lion officer to OPAC security Inspector Johnson I will share.

Best Regards“

The police have issued this statement.

F3B1F81C-E199-450D-A771-3F2DF4CADFAF.jpeg

Last edited:

James R Whitten

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Scarab
Year
Boat Model
HO Impulse
Boat Length
I'm sorry for his families loss. It goes to show these things can happen anywhere. Even in every day life and especially in foreign countries its important to stay vigilant. Stay aware of your surroundings and mitigate risk. Nothing will stop these type of things. But you can lower your risk.

dgram01

Reaction score
Boat Make
Grady White
Year
Boat Model
GTS
Boat Length
Murders in Bimini are rare. This is the third that I am aware of in six years, two of which were within the last year. All have been on North Bimini.

I am certain that this will be a hot topic among those traveling to Bimini this summer so I will post the little that I know.

Alain, the Cuban American operator of Bimini Big Johns was shot in the face multiple times outside his home at Bimini Bay / Resorts World last night. At least one colleague was with him at the time and reported the shooting. The police are searching for the shooter but have not said that they know who it was.

There was a previous armed robbery on the Resorts World grounds a few years ago. I suspect that Alain would have been targeted for cash he likely carrier home from work.

Here is an informative posting

“ Guys there was an incident last night in Bimini you should all know regarding Big Johns and their owners, one the Cook we all know. This however happened in Bimini Bay. I’m receiving updates all morning:

He has passed was the latest. Read the report below

Good Morning to all,

Please be advised that at around 1:30am - 1:45am shortly after power resotoration to Bimini Bay the owner of Big John's Alan Perez was shot multiple times at his unit 10814 shortly after re entering the property with two other individuals one of whom was identified as former head chef werzner lopez.

Initial reports state that at around 1:25am officers reported hearing what sounded like multiple gun shots, the mobile unit which was exiting the private island entered section 1 of the hoa after hearing the shots, simultaneously a slim caucasion male ran out near the fountain screaming for help that his boss was shot multiple times. His wounds were staunched best as possible and the police had been alerted previously when the gun shots were heard. With assistance from rw security ambulance he was taken to the clinic where he lost vitals and conciousness twice. He is now stabalaized but unable to give any information in regards to his assailant or why he would of been attacked in said manner.

Police are stating the same concerns of the security team in regards to the HOA, the vunerable access from the roadway, inadequate lighting, the beach access and the access at the rear of the tennis court. At this point they are reliant on any possible witness statements or Mr. Perez being able at some point to give information on his assailant.

This is now a police investigation and any information I received from the lion officer to OPAC security Inspector Johnson I will share.

Best Regards“

The police have issued this statement.

View attachment 92805
Hi there, where did you find that report/email where the security team reported issues to the Police?
Your assistance would be greatly appreciated!

Bruce

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral 1*
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Hi there, where did you find that report/email where the security team reported issues to the Police?
Daniel,

I copied and pasted that from a post, likely in a FB Bimini focused group. I searched the likely groups today and did not find any postings containing Alan Perez or Werzner Lopez. I suspect you or Capo have scared those with direct knowledge.

I was not in Bimini at the time, had not met any of the players and do not have any direct knowledge.

I hope you find some justice for the family.

adrianp89

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
252SE
Boat Length
Ok I'm curious why you joined just to post on this 4 years later.