• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

A simple question, but complex answer?

Rakkaone187

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
So, I have a question for all of you veteran boat owners. Hopefully, a simple answer can be provided, but I expect the answer is likely not as simple as the question being asked (too many variables involved). Here goes nothing. Are electrical issues “more” common with specific boat brands, but not others? Or, are the issues overall related to the nature of the environment boats dwell in (no specific brand is immune)? Water+electricity+circuits and electronics = hostile relationship.

HawaiiBreeze

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
This is just my Opinion but the more sophisticated the electronics and engine management components are the more potential for "electrical issues". Add in Saltwater, Humidty and Heat/Cold cycles sitting in some cases for months and you have a witches brew of things that can get weird. I've owned 3 Yamaha PWC and 7 Kaw PWC before the boat and IMHO the Yams were the better built and I think a lot of their know-how went into the boats. My boat runs "almost" flawless and I'm 4.5 years in and almost 200 times on water. My only issue is the friggin 02 sensor. But I'm also bargain basement model with no touch screens etc. and I'm naturally aspirated. Good Question though, I'm sure we'll get some feed back from the boaters who have had many brands.

ripler

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
MasterCraft
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
So, I have a question for all of you veteran boat owners. Hopefully, a simple answer can be provided, but I expect the answer is likely not as simple as the question being asked (too many variables involved). Here goes nothing. Are electrical issues “more” common with specific boat brands, but not others? Or, are the issues overall related to the nature of the environment boats dwell in (no specific brand is immune)? Water+electricity+circuits and electronics = hostile relationship.
With all of the fancy electronics being put in boats today you will see more electrical issues. When I shopped for my new boat I specifically shopped for a boat with minimal electronics.