• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

About to install Seadek

Evil Sports

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SS
Boat Length
Im not sure if Im going to fill the holes from the snaps, what did you guy do

I filled in the holes...3M Marine White Adhesive Sealant 5200 3 fl. oz.

If the holes will be covered, 3M 5200. If the hole will be visible, color matched gelcoat paste kit from Spectrum.

Agree with above. Lay it out to see if you’ll cover existing holes. If not go spectrum. Did that on mine as towards the anchor locker they were the slightest bit visible.

For ease of installation, that 5200 should cure in a matching white color. It may not be a shiny finish, but I think the installer may be the only one to notice it once done.

In my book, that would be enough to make me consider the gelcote. Do a test spot if needed to see how it cures. 5200 is cheap for testing.

Good luck.

All new Yamahas have no wood/balsa core in the deck or anywhere, so there is not much to worry about really.
I have initially plugged the holes with 3M 5200 but it yellows over time and gets dirty - drives me nuts. I'm going to clean the offending holes with a dremel and fill/finish with OEM gelcoat (Spectrum, WC5 - for most new white decks).
upload_2018-4-11_0-6-50-png.71714

All new Yamahas have no wood/balsa core in the deck or anywhere, so there is not much to worry about really.
I have initially plugged the holes with 3M 5200 but it yellows over time and gets dirty - drives me nuts. I'm going to clean the offending holes with a dremel and fill/finish with OEM gelcoat (Spectrum, WC5 - for most new white decks).
upload_2018-4-11_0-6-50-png.71714
Is this enough to cover all the holes? Or should I use them on the visible holes only (and use 3M 5200 on the remaining)?
Do you know which one will be visible? What is the procedure to patch the holes?

Thank you!!

(I just removed the snap and I'm freaking out)

Bump

Anybody has an answer? (How many holes are visible after the SeaDek install?)

thanks.

Maybe 10-12 could be visible, and that bottle is way more than enough

As stated, fill em. 3m 5200. Real easy just squirt or press it in the hole and wipe with a wet paper towel. Don't have to be OCD about it as they'll be covered. You'll be amazed how good it'll look with the new decking.

As stated, fill em. 3m 5200. Real easy just squirt or press it in the hole and wipe with a wet paper towel. Don't have to be OCD about it as they'll be covered. You'll be amazed how good it'll look with the new decking.

Thanks for the reply.

I don't care about the look on the holes being cover by the SeaDek, just for the one that show after the new decking is installed, because with time, the 3M 5200 will fade yellow.

Another member (Swatski) mentioned that Spectrum will not fade, so I ordered a bottle (2 OZ, for $40, ouchh) to cover the exposed holes. I just wasn't sure if this will be enough.

Thanks for the reply.

I don't care about the look on the holes being cover by the SeaDek, just for the one that show after the new decking is installed, because with time, the 3M 5200 will fade yellow.

Another member (Swatski) mentioned that Spectrum will not fade, so I ordered a bottle (2 OZ, for $40, ouchh) to cover the exposed holes. I just wasn't sure if this will be enough.
Plenty

I haven't done it yet, but I saw your post and only use evil balls when playing slow pitch. Dont get to play as much as I used to. SBF used to be all the rage before 3 kids.

I had 5 holes showing on mine.

Back