• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Acceleration problem

Kjwall4

Reaction score
Boat Make
SeaRay
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Does anyone else have problems with acceleration? Everytime I try to go, I seem to have about 15-20 seconds of nothing. The boat is trying to go as the bow lifts up but shouldn't I just be able to hit the throttle and go like an outboard boat? I have a Merc120xr engine. Is this normal for jet boats?

normally jet boats accelerate better than outboards without the bow lift issues, but I don't know about searays,

have you looked at your impeller for damage to the blades or intake tunnel for something that may either disrupt the water flow or allow air into the intake area ??

I do not see any visible damage to the impeller and nothing in the tunnel. How would I check for air? Which seals would need to be replaced? I'm pretty handy so would this be something I can change?

I honestly have never even seen a searay jet in person so I'm just guessing,

my yamaha has silicone sealant around where the hull and intake meet, it can loose adhesion and as the impeller is pulling water it also pulls the silicone away from the hull allowing air into the mix,

looking at your old posts, has the boat ever accelerated satisfactorily while you've owned it ??

if not and everything else looks ok my first guess would be they have the wrong impeller in there,

you might update your profile with your location and maybe there's another member nearby that could help you look at it,

Once it goes it drives great! When I have it winterized and summarized they check everything. I wonder if I'm just bogging down when I hit the throttle because it will go 35 mph. Just doesn't have that immediate response.

Thank you for the input!

Back