• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Added an outboard to our boating options

the MfM

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Other
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Other
Just finished building it and put it in the water last weekend.

654273BE-48BB-4F87-91F3-FC5FD4DD3507.jpeg

6A7C81A4-105C-4B42-A32F-8ED42419AE7B.png

D0C19D59-AC34-44C2-BA04-2F83CE18D252.jpeg

I got the plans from glen l marine. It’s the “pee wee”. Started building in November and had it mostly done by February. Got busy and didn’t do anything to it until a couple weeks ago. Worked on it evenings and weekends and a bunch of snow days with my son. Built it mostly out of scrap wood and ply I had around. And a bunch of epoxy.

At 8’ it’s a little small for a jet drive. But there are some 10-12’ designs people have built with pwc engines.

896C8F24-B9A7-4C30-A90F-00560CD15621.jpeg 67DD4722-3518-42CA-AE98-A191DECAB2B1.jpeg 1B4D1F5B-00C9-48CC-A7C3-5BB88579D3CF.jpeg 0E3661AF-B7BB-40E4-AB4C-893DC5894EFE.jpeg

That is awesome! Nice job. I’m dying to know what it is like to drive.

That's amazing!

Fantastic work!

Wish I spent time building full size boats instead of model boats in younger days.

I have a Honda BF5 that looks alot like that one.

Picked it up on the Portland, ME waterfront over a decade ago from a shop that went out of business. Ran awful and was difficult to start when new (really surprising for a Honda!) until I had it serviced locally by a Honda shop on Lake George. Now it is a 1 pull starter and runs beautifully with plenty of torque. Motor is built like a rock. Mine has been shared between a 8'6 Zodiac and a Porta Bote. Had a pretty scary ride on the Porta Bote off OOB going around Bluff and Stratton Island and then got kicked off of there for landing in a bird nesting area! Had a lot of stupid / fantastic misadventures with that setup.

That is frickin awesome! Thanks for making my squirrel brain divert to a new project!!!

That is really awesome!
How did you find the time?

Thanks for the positive comments. It was a lot of fun to build and a good project to get my son helping in the workshop.

Unfortunately it looks faster than it is right now... won’t quite get up on plane with the 5hp and me in it. But it goes at a good speed for my son to get used to the controls.

The Honda is new to me and has been sitting a while. Had to clean the carb but now it starts and idles like a Honda should. I wasn’t expecting much speed as the prop is a little beat up. And others have needed to add trim tabs to get theirs to pop up on plane.

I ordered a new prop that was supposed to be here for the weekend. Just checked the order last night and realized it was canceled because they are out of stock. :(. I’m going to order trim tabs and hopefully a new prop for the next weekend. Nice thing about a boat this size is it’s only bust out another hundred at a time. :)

@Speedling these boats are perfect for part time building. A little here and there. Most of the time you can only do an hour or so of work and then you have to let the epoxy dry for 24 hours.

Awesome work, that is really cool.

Very Impressive! Cant wait to see it in action.

Back