• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Adding extra speakers to 212X?

Revo

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
X
Boat Length
We have a 2019 212X. As a driver, I find I have to basically deafen my passengers in the stern and bow area before I or my co-captain can hear the sound well enough. I figured the primary reason for this is that being in the middle puts me the furthest from any other speaker set.

I figured a good solution to this would be to add another set of speakers near the middle of the boat right next to the captain and co-captain chairs. Has anyone done this? How easy was it to integrate to the OEM system? I'd like to just have it increase and decrease in volume with the other speakers and basically just work like an additional pair of factory speakers.

RXBoost

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
X
Boat Length
I know this isnt a direct response to the speaker question, but I have been reading about people doing some more soundproofing to the engine hatch/gas tank cover in the floor/the storage compartments in the back to help reduce engine noise. This may be more inexpensive and simpler to do than messing with the sound system. I was thinking of doing this to mine, just haven't gotten around to it.

anmut

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
212S
Boat Length
I'm struggling with the same issue on my 2020 212S. Replaced all 6 polk speakers with M65 JL's + 2 8.8" tower speakers. 1300watts via two amps and zoned to allow either tub, rear, or both for sound. At 30mph+ I can barely hear anything unless I have it cranked, which blows the ears out of the rear passengers. The captain / co-captain area needs an additional set of speakers I think.