• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Adding underwater lights

Jimmer

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR192
Boat Length
I have underwater lights that I added to my 2016 AR192. I added them direct to the battery, I am now thinking that wasn't the way to go. The switch get hit every so often by accident and the light get turned on while the boat is on the trailer, not good. So far I have caught it every time, so no battery drain or burnt out lights. What I want to do is route them so the battery switch has to be on for them to be on. My dilemma is, I think I know how to do this, but I am not sure. I have looked at youtube, but all I could find are videos that show how to wire them the way did it. I would like to use the existing fuse block controlled by the battery switch. Is that a good idea?

Last edited:

Bluewater272

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
Just use a relay. Get your hot wire from the battery switch, and use your existing toggle to trigger the relay. Minimal rewiring needed.

Jimmer

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR192
Boat Length
Seanmclean, thank you for the info.

Maillis

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Deluxe
Boat Length
Why wouldn’t you just move the positive lead that is currently connected directly to your battery to a terminal on your battery switch? Can you post pictures of your battery wiring and switch?

Jimmer

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR192
Boat Length
Maillis, Here are pictures of the battery switch, wiring and batteries. Probably would have to put a bigger end on the light wire to fit over the switch
terminal.

IMG_4767.JPGIMG_4764.JPGIMG_4766.JPG

Last edited:

Weeb

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I think the big studs on the switch take a 3/8 id connector.

Maillis

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Deluxe
Boat Length
Yes just crimp a a 3/8” lug/ring onto that wire and attach it to the COM (common) terminal and you should be all set to have the lights only work if the battery is turned on.

Jimmer

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR192
Boat Length
Maillis, Thank you for the idea. Will give it a try today.