• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter
  • Announcing the 2024 Jetboat Pilot 10th Annual Marine Mat Group Buy for JetBoaters.net members only! This is your best time to buy Marine Mat from JetboatPilot - you won't get a better price - 30% Off! Use Coupon Code JETBOATERS.NET at checkout.

So if you are tired of stepping on really hot snaps/carpet, or tired of that musty carpet smell - Marine Mat is the best alternative out there! Get in on this now, or pay more later!

You only have until September 30th to get in on this.....So Hurry!

You can dismiss this notice by clicking on the "X" in the upper right corner>>>>>>>>

Adios Yamaha ?

Rumbo

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
My Yamaha is getting picked up by it’s new owner next week (fortunately, they’re storing it in my yard so I get to see it most everyday). I’m also taking delivery on my new to me Tigé ZX5 Thursday so this is very bittersweet for me. We have absolutely loved our AR240 from the day we picked it up. We’ve had many great family memories on it, had some incredible trips, some scary trips that this awesome boat got us through. There isn’t a day of regret of owning this boat. However, we’ve learned that what we enjoy most is surfing so it’s time to move to a boat more geared to that.

I’ve appreciated all the advice from all of you here. I’ve enjoyed the debate as well. In all honesty, some of you have pissed me off as I’m sure I’ve done for some of you too ?. But all in all, this is a great community and I am very appreciative of you allowing me to be part of it. You all absolutely helped me improve my Yamaha owning experience.

I’m sure I’ll be lurking around here in the future. I’ll probably be saying things I shouldn’t and getting warnings from these awesome Admins that have put this great forum together. Especially considering the Tigé owners site is pretty lame from what I’ve seen so far.

I have loved owning my Yamaha! They’re awesome boats, and they have a great group of owners hanging out here in this forum.

Post pics when you get the new boat! Also share pics of that awesome surf wave.

Congrats! x2 on posting new boat pics, especially the wave. Tiges are beautiful boats.

congratulations !! can't wait to see some pictures of that new wave

Nice Boat..Congrats!
Send Pics

My Yamaha is getting picked up by it’s new owner next week (fortunately, they’re storing it in my yard so I get to see it most everyday). I’m also taking delivery on my new to me Tigé ZX5 Thursday so this is very bittersweet for me. We have absolutely loved our AR240 from the day we picked it up. We’ve had many great family memories on it, had some incredible trips, some scary trips that this awesome boat got us through. There isn’t a day of regret of owning this boat. However, we’ve learned that what we enjoy most is surfing so it’s time to move to a boat more geared to that.

I’ve appreciated all the advice from all of you here. I’ve enjoyed the debate as well. In all honesty, some of you have pissed me off as I’m sure I’ve done for some of you too ?. But all in all, this is a great community and I am very appreciative of you allowing me to be part of it. You all absolutely helped me improve my Yamaha owning experience.

I’m sure I’ll be lurking around here in the future. I’ll probably be saying things I shouldn’t and getting warnings from these awesome Admins that have put this great forum together. Especially considering the Tigé owners site is pretty lame from what I’ve seen so far.

I have loved owning my Yamaha! They’re awesome boats, and they have a great group of owners hanging out here in this forum.
Hope you don’t mind me asking but we are toying with the idea of moving to a surf boat and Tige is top on our list. What made you decide on the zx5? We really like the 24rzx and our dealer we purchased the Yamaha from also sells Tige and mastercraft. Did you look at other brands or did you know Tige is what you wanted?

anyways the zx5 is a nice boat and congrats.

Hope you don’t mind me asking but we are toying with the idea of moving to a surf boat and Tige is top on our list. What made you decide on the zx5? We really like the 24rzx and our dealer we purchased the Yamaha from also sells Tige and mastercraft. Did you look at other brands or did you know Tige is what you wanted?

anyways the zx5 is a nice boat and congrats.
We looked at everything. I shopped for nearly two years. The Tigé was our pick because of the Tigé Clear with Go system, the deep freeboard, the surf wake is fantastic, the build quality, the used Tigé we found has the 575 Raptor which is great for us because we boat from 3700’ to 7000’ in elevation, and lastly the power tower standard was huge for us. We preferred the 24rzx of the zx5 because of the pickle fork bow but found a used zx5 that is like new for $50k less than a new 24rzx. For that price difference the extra foot at the tip of the bow wasn’t worth it.
The Nautique is really nice but not worth the money. The centurion is nice but not our style. Never liked Supra, couldn’t tell you why. Malibu is nice but I don’t like the wedge system. Mastercraft is nice but the shorter freeboard makes me nervous on the lakes we boat on. With the exception of the ATX, the value line boats don’t compare at all to the premium boats (obviously). The ATX is the nicest value line boat and has many of the Tigé systems. We did consider ATX for a minute until we found our ZX5.
Not sure if this helps or not but this is what went into my reasoning.

Will be jealous of the wave. Don't know why people have to piss people off over a boat. I haven't seen the threads but I'm sure it's about defending boat choice or the Yamaha wave.

We looked at everything. I shopped for nearly two years. The Tigé was our pick because of the Tigé Clear with Go system, the deep freeboard, the surf wake is fantastic, the build quality, the used Tigé we found has the 575 Raptor which is great for us because we boat from 3700’ to 7000’ in elevation, and lastly the power tower standard was huge for us. We preferred the 24rzx of the zx5 because of the pickle fork bow but found a used zx5 that is like new for $50k less than a new 24rzx. For that price difference the extra foot at the tip of the bow wasn’t worth it.
The Nautique is really nice but not worth the money. The centurion is nice but not our style. Never liked Supra, couldn’t tell you why. Malibu is nice but I don’t like the wedge system. Mastercraft is nice but the shorter freeboard makes me nervous on the lakes we boat on. With the exception of the ATX, the value line boats don’t compare at all to the premium boats (obviously). The ATX is the nicest value line boat and has many of the Tigé systems. We did consider ATX for a minute until we found our ZX5.
Not sure if this helps or not but this is what went into my reasoning.
Makes sense, the 24 and 25 are super nice boats so the $50k off on a lightly used 25 makes it an easy choice. Hope y’all really enjoy the boat.

Will be jealous of the wave. Don't know why people have to piss people off over a boat. I haven't seen the threads but I'm sure it's about defending boat choice or the Yamaha wave.
I didn’t mean this about boats…it was more directed at some of the “political” threads I stuck my nose in…maybe trolled a little ?. All of these threads have sense been removed.

I didn’t mean this about boats…it was more directed at some of the “political” threads I stuck my nose in…maybe trolled a little ?. All of these threads have sense been removed.
Same thing…boats and politics. :)

Got out Saturday for the day. Had thirteen 13+ year old people on the boat and it wasn’t crowded at all. The wake is unreal. Had a buddy that bought our old Yamaha running next to me shoot a quick video. Can’t load the video for some reason so took a screenshot. This is like 15 feet off the stern still getting crazy push. The wake is chest high to my 13 year old. Everyone had a blast. We definitely made the right choice.

Attachments

• 560EFAC1-1555-4C33-B771-13F53D0D1E5F.png
    560EFAC1-1555-4C33-B771-13F53D0D1E5F.png
    13.8 MB · Views: 65
that's a long ways back, glad to hear you made a good choice,

to post a video you have to upload to youtube or other and then attach the link,

I like the color..

Got out Saturday for the day. Had thirteen 13+ year old people on the boat and it wasn’t crowded at all. The wake is unreal. Had a buddy that bought our old Yamaha running next to me shoot a quick video. Can’t load the video for some reason so took a screenshot. This is like 15 feet off the stern still getting crazy push. The wake is chest high to my 13 year old. Everyone had a blast. We definitely made the right choice.

We have different definitions of crowded lol. 13 people on a 40' boat is crowded to me. I have no idea how one would fit 19 on that boat. It is sweet though.

Back