• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Advice on Yamaha 252 Factory Shipping cover for storage.

Sonic Blue

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
252SD
Boat Length
Hi all. Has anyone put the white factory shipping cover back on their 2021 252 or 255s? Do you know if I have to collapse the tower to do that? Is it easy enough to do?

My boat is at the dealer for some pre winter work. Because of that, I lost my time slot for indoor storage. So, I have the option of having my dealer shrink wrap OR I can put the factory shipping cover on (with 3 buckets of Damp Rid :D). I will likely have to decide on which direction to go before I get my boat back.

I have read on these threads that once the factory shipping cover comes off it's a pain to get back on.

Any thoughts, advice, recommendations? Thanks as always!

For my 252S, the tower has to be lowered to use the factory shipping cover. Not the case with the mooring cover.

I put the shipping cover on my 252se without an issue with the tower up. It just has to go under that point at the bottom of the tower.

Attachments

• boat_cover.JPG
    boat_cover.JPG
    2.9 MB · Views: 32
I put mine on with Tower up. It doesn't come out as clean as @scbruet but it works lol.

I think there were a couple of slightly different shipping covers that came with the 252 boats. I had to use the white shipping cover for my 252SE from last September until this June when my mooring cover finally arrived. The tower did not need to be lowered to put my white shipping cover on, and it was reasonably easy to get it on. My boat spent last winter uncovered outside with the white shipping cover on, 2 buckets of damp rid in it, and the canvas bimini and all marine mat removed and stored in my house. Zero issues. Now I have it in covered storage and have the mooring cover so I don't use the white shipping cover anymore.

Back