• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Aftermarket Bimini Top

dordelli

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
LX
Boat Length
My used 2004 LX210 came without a bimini top and we'll need one for Colorado river trips this spring/summer. Would love an OEM one but just too pricey! Can anyone recommend a good quality aftermarket top under $300. I don't mind aluminum poles but quality materials and one that will fit into the stock mounting brackets would be a big bonus for sure. So many posted on Ebay with prices as low as $100, just wanna make sure if I buy a mid priced $300 ebay top, I am not getting the same $100 model marked up!!

JC6275

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
LS
Boat Length
The ones listed on eBay for around 100.00 are usually always Fabric Only, cheap fabric at that. The complete top with poles and sunbrella fabric or close to that quality are going to run between $350.00 to $500.00. If you end up getting one on eBay just make sure to read the description closely to make sure it's the complete top including poles. You can find some shops selling on there with a lower quality fabric for a bit cheaper if you contact them and ask for a quote on a lesser material. Also make sure the ones you are looking at include the storage boot for the top, some sellers price that seperatly to lure you in with a lower list price.

JC6275

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
LS
Boat Length
I can't speak first hand to the quality, but it looks like it come complete. At that price if you got a couple seasons out of it, sounds like a good deal

dordelli

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
LX
Boat Length
I went with the first option, since the seller is here in Socal, I should have it by this weekend. If anyone's interested in how it looks and fits or the quality, let me know and I'll report back or post pics.

JC6275

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
LS
Boat Length
Absolutely, pics are always great... And a description of quality....a write up on install with pics would be awesome as well....:)

Bruce

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral 1*
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Please let us know how it works out. We love pics.

JC6275

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
LS
Boat Length
I didn't see that you had 2 links on your post, had I seen it I would have steered you towards the one with the rear support bars, as opposed to the straps..

dordelli

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
LX
Boat Length
The photo is backwards, it does have the rear poles and ss hardware too. Main reasons I chose this one.

Only paid $5k for this boat, but wow it all adds up quick!!

JC6275

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
LS
Boat Length
LOL, stick around....We love spending other peoples money!!!! :) If you have some pics we would love to see them.

JC6275

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
LS
Boat Length
WAIT!!!! WHAT!!!!! You got a 2004 LX210 for $5,000?????? Damn sure sounds like a good price

Bruce

Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
$5k is a steal on a LX210! How is the condition?

dordelli

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
LX
Boat Length
It was very poorly maintained to say the least, needs new interior, no bimini top, lost the radio faceplate, dead battery, gas and speedo gauges not working along with a bunch of etc.... Gelcoat was a mess, I spent two days this weekend wetsanding and polishing, still a lot of deep scratches that I will have to live with. I was not able to drive it, so was a risk. Runs great though and the engine compartment looks clean. Hell, I even spent almost $500 just on the trailer, new receiver, new jack, safety chains and putting on new hubs and repairing some lights this coming weekend. If I do the interior, I will prob end up 9k in, but I will know most of the things that can go wrong I have probably addressed correctly. The buyer did have a receipt to get the steering cables replaced by a reputable dealer, so a bonus there.

JC6275

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
LS
Boat Length
Make sure you check the oil lines from the carbs running forward then down the front of the motors. These are notorious for oil lines falling off and blowing motors in a matter of minutes. They should be very pliable, and have sufficient slack in them.

dordelli

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
LX
Boat Length
Yeah that was one of the first things I checked before buying. They seem in good shape, no cracking, lots of play (not shrunken and tight) and they seem securely attached. At a min I will replace the ties with metal clamps. Still pondering premix. I've actually been looking for awhile and looked at 15 different boats, funny not one seller seemed even vaguely aware of the issue, even the guys who meticulously maintained their boats.

JC6275

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
LS
Boat Length
Good deal!!! Enjoy working on her , and be sure to show us some before and after of her as you go...We all enjoy appreciating each others handy work...:winkingthumbsup"

Bruce

Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
If I was going to replace the ties on the oil lines I would replace the lines as well. The lines are getting old and might not respond well to new fittings.

I would not want to switch to premix. Doing so will result in unnecessary fowl smelling smoke.

We enjoyed a 2005 LX210. We used her three plus days a week all summer long and took her 11 miles out to Ship Island in the Gulf of Mexico twice. I checked the oil lines when I bought her and then about once a month. I did not find any problems with them so I did not change the lines or the ties. I was in touch with the current owner last summer and she was running fine.

image.jpg

dordelli

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
LX
Boat Length
image.jpg image.jpg
Got the top yesterday and got it installed today. Overall happy with it, especially given the $150 shipped pricetags. The color match is ok. It fit into the stock Bimini mount except I had to shorten the back poles by 4" and the brackets in the back bow out so I had to bend the poles a little to make them work.

Last edited:

JC6275

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
LS
Boat Length
Not bad!!!! Will make a huge difference in comfort!!

mixmartialarts07

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
would that same size Bimini fit with a tower? i bought 2 different one not knowing and not measuring properly. i have a 2004 ar210, thanks for your help guys.

there is a lot to learn from, I've learn something new today, thanks for the heads up on the oil lines, i will be checking on them and perhaps replace them as well . i had my starboard side engine rebuilt and i would hate to get it blown.

Attachments