• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Aftermarket Snap-In SeaDek???

jameskeller76

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
The new snap in SeaDek on the new boats looks really nice. Anybody heard or know if we might be able to purchase this for our "older" boats in the near future?

I was planning on installing SeaDek in the boat this winter but this might be worth the wait.

Ancient canoe

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I think the glued down version would be better long term. If it's snap in you are going to have to constantly remove it to let it dry because water is going to get underneath. Isn't a point of SeaDek just hose it off at the end of the day and you are done? But if they start selling kits that lineup with the existing snaps it would certainly make for an easy installation.

swatski

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral 1*
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length

swatski

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length

jameskeller76

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length

scokill

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I contacted Marine Mat for snap in version of their "seadek" type material for the 2008 AR230. They quoted $1,200-$1,500.

jameskeller76

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I went with the regular glue down Seadek and couldn't be happier.

Beachbummer

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
I also reached out to marine mat about my sx230. They said they don't have the templates, but that it could be done. Similar quote as reported above. For that price, i will pass.

I like very much that the carpet covers the gas tank panel bolts, and the glue down sea dek does not. (Makes sense, but i still don't like it)

ThatJeepGuy

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Here's the response I got after emailing Marine Mat

On Apr 20, 2017, at 2:21 PM, John Salvatore <john@marinemat.net> wrote:

David,
Your Yamaha dealer should be able to order the mats for you. Our agreement with Yamaha is we will not sell into the aftermarket for 3 model years.
If your dealer is not aware of how to order feel free to have them contact us.

John Salvatore
Marine Mat Inc.
151 Vollmer Ave.
Oldsmar, FL 34677
Ofc 813-749-7112
john@marinemat.net

swatski

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Here's the response I got after emailing Marine Mat

On Apr 20, 2017, at 2:21 PM, John Salvatore <john@marinemat.net> wrote:

David,
Your Yamaha dealer should be able to order the mats for you. Our agreement with Yamaha is we will not sell into the aftermarket for 3 model years.
If your dealer is not aware of how to order feel free to have them contact us.

John Salvatore
Marine Mat Inc.
151 Vollmer Ave.
Oldsmar, FL 34677

Ofc 813-749-7112
john@marinemat.net
Oh for God's sake!!! Go SeaDek. What are you even thinking?:D
Those snaps will drive you crazy and you will need to pull the moldy mats to clean them... I hated the carpet and got rid of it on day one. Twice.

--

scokill

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Those snaps will drive you crazy and you will need to pull the moldy mats to clean them... I hated the carpet and got rid of it on day one. Twice.

--
I have zero issues with the carpet or the snaps. It's just time to replace and the 10th season

ThatJeepGuy

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length

--
I am! I absolutely hate pulling the carpet every time I clean the boat. I'll be waiting for fall to order SeaDek

Matt Phillips

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length
I've only had my 242 out for two weekends so I may be a little pre-mature on this observation. But, it looks to me that at times that snap-in faux teak buckles and expands at different rates. Thus, if there's a small section that has sunlight on it, it will be buckled up a little bit around it.

Again, I thought I noticed this the last two times out....will have to watch for sure over the summer. I also note that this stuff doesn't breathe as well as the carpet in my 232...if water gets under it, you have to take it up and hang it to dry.