• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter
  • Announcing the 2024 Jetboat Pilot 10th Annual Marine Mat Group Buy for JetBoaters.net members only! This is your best time to buy Marine Mat from JetboatPilot - you won't get a better price - 30% Off! Use Coupon Code JETBOATERS.NET at checkout.

So if you are tired of stepping on really hot snaps/carpet, or tired of that musty carpet smell - Marine Mat is the best alternative out there! Get in on this now, or pay more later!

You only have until September 30th to get in on this.....So Hurry!

You can dismiss this notice by clicking on the "X" in the upper right corner>>>>>>>>

Aftermarket speakers and control?

MajorBummer210

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Any recommendations on aftermarket replacement speakers to fit the existing holes?

Any recommendations on aftermarket radio sound system screen to go on the helm?

Not looking for tower speakers. Just want something good quality to replace the POS the boat came with

2017 AR210

JL Audio is what I'd buy if I was spending your money, lol.

Any recommendations on aftermarket replacement speakers to fit the existing holes?

Any recommendations on aftermarket radio sound system screen to go on the helm?

Not looking for tower speakers. Just want something good quality to replace the POS the boat came with

2017 AR210
Basically anything is an upgrade from the stock speakers in an AR210. Top of the line is obviously JL and Wet Sounds. Kicker are good and well priced, from what you have.

Can't beat the Kickers for value, no matter I would strongly recommend adding an amplifier as well. The factory Polk isn't horrible, I would keep unless you have a good reason to change. The money for that should go towards an amp.

The factory Polk isn't horrible
The AR series has the cheaper Jensen coated paper speakers...any decent marine speakers by JBL, Kicker, Polk, etc, would be a nice upgrade with an amp.
@MajorBummer210 what is is your budget? And what level of sound quality do you wish to achieve? That would help narrow down your choices.

Like @BlkGS said, JL Audio and Wetsounds are the top of the line brands. They cost more for a reason.

I've had Polk speakers in the cockpit and on the swim deck for years along with a 5 channel Polk amp. The 5th channel is for the sub in a ported box. I have a 2 channel amp for the swim deck speakers. Two years ago one of the swim deck speakers started to give out so it was time to replace. I went with JL's and they are well worth the cost. The sound and clarity is unmatched. I had the high end Polks, the MM series, still do in the cockpit, the JL's are just better. I also changed out my headunit from the original JBL CD player to a Fusion unit which probably had something to do with the improved sound too. For the most part you get what you pay for when it comes to sound quality. An efficient amp to push the speakers would be a wise choice too. Get whatever headunit suits you. I believe most of us here on the forum have gone with a Fusion like I did. Good luck.

The AR series has the cheaper Jensen coated paper speakers...any decent marine speakers by JBL, Kicker, Polk, etc, would be a nice upgrade with an amp.
@MajorBummer210 what is is your budget? And what level of sound quality do you wish to achieve? That would help narrow down your choices.

Like @BlkGS said, JL Audio and Wetsounds are the top of the line brands. They cost more for a reason.

I was referring to the Head Unit... it may be Infinity not Polk though.

Back