• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter
  • Announcing the 2024 Jetboat Pilot 10th Annual Marine Mat Group Buy for JetBoaters.net members only! This is your best time to buy Marine Mat from JetboatPilot - you won't get a better price - 30% Off! Use Coupon Code JETBOATERS.NET at checkout.

So if you are tired of stepping on really hot snaps/carpet, or tired of that musty carpet smell - Marine Mat is the best alternative out there! Get in on this now, or pay more later!

You only have until September 30th to get in on this.....So Hurry!

You can dismiss this notice by clicking on the "X" in the upper right corner>>>>>>>>

Almost a 30% Increase?!!

Shuck Water

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
Just received my renewal invoice from Hidden Cove Marina and they are raising my rate 30% to $315 per month! Not only is that now rivaling my boat payment, but the lake is 8' feet down and the marina is half empty! What the hell is going on here?

Anyone at Pier 121? Curious as to what rates are like over there.

I bet they are charging you more to make up for all the empty slips!

I bet they are charging you more to make up for all the empty slips!
Yep. Two ways to maintain. One would be to lower prices in an effort to draw business from elsewhere in order to fill the marina. The second is to treat your loyal customers to a huge price increase. I've always supported business who choose option one. ;)

You're probably right, but the bitch of it is that if I leave, the marina will charge me $500 just to remove my lift.

I would think they are getting more interest in renting due to boat ramps being out of service. More people want to just leave there boat on the water. Demand goes up, price goes up

Maybe they are going to use the extra money to do work while the water levels are low. There are probably a lot of things that are cheaper to do when the water is low.

Did that massive rain on the news do anything for the water levels or was that just not enough?

Just received my renewal invoice from Hidden Cove Marina and they are raising my rate 30% to $315 per month!

With prices like that, it makes me feel good about paying 800 bucks every six months for my 10x24 covered slip :)

With prices like that, it makes me feel good about paying 800 bucks every six months for my 10x24 covered slip :)

What lake are you at jdiaz78?

Smithville Lake. It is about 25 minutes north of Kansas City.

Maybe they are going to use the extra money to do work while the water levels are low. There are probably a lot of things that are cheaper to do when the water is low.

Did that massive rain on the news do anything for the water levels or was that just not enough?
The rain helped, but only bumped the lake about a foot. It's still way down.

Yikes....Pier 121 is $337 per month for a 24' * 10' slip!

Really? They offered my cousin discounts when he canceled with them last weekend.

No idea what kind of discount because my cousin just said no without even hearing them out. He didn't care about the discount after he found out his life jackets, fenders, tubes, and wakeboard was stolen out of his boat. Not blaming them, he just made up his mind on dry storage instead.

I had water skis stolen out of my boat the first time I was at Pier 121, just need to keep everything in a locked dock box. At least when they stole something from my boat, the thieves were courteous enough to put my cover back on.

I had water skis stolen out of my boat the first time I was at Pier 121, just need to keep everything in a locked dock box. At least when they stole something from my boat, the thieves were courteous enough to put my cover back on.
OMFG...wow

Back