• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Alternative sound deadener

ripler

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
MasterCraft
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
After reading a bunch of threads on sound deadening and for the first time last week my wife mentioning how loud our boat is, I decided to start the journey of trying to make our boat quieter. I just wanted to post a link to a sound deadening product that is much cheaper than the better known products like Dynamat. I bought the product in the link below, I didn't get the foil face, instead I got the black faced stuff. I spent some time installing this over the weekend and it is easy to install.

https://www.amazon.com/Noico-Deadening-automotive-restoration-insulation/dp/B01BKKZ1AM/ref=sr_1_5?ie=UTF8&qid=1467203092&sr=8-5&keywords=noico

They also do make a foil faced product for the same price.

https://www.amazon.com/Noico-deadening-automotive-Insulation-dampening/dp/B00URUIKAK/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1467203092&sr=8-1&keywords=noico

Ryan Cassidy

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Hey Ripler - whats been your outcome so far? Or is it too soon to tell?

I did some more work on mine last night.... Over the years so far I've...

Hatch Seal (5/8")
Dynomat the engine hatch and fuel tank
Filled the upper sides of the boat with Roxul (will be replacing with foam, that crap is nasty, but I already paid for it and thought I'd try it and see if it made a difference first)
Wrapped the engine compartment in 3" egg crate foam (above the seam of the hull)
Put 3" Egg crate on the underside of the fuel cover
Put egg-crate on the underside of the clean out port cover
Filled the voids in the corners of the transom with foam.

While it made a difference, I find the majority of the noise to be exhaust noise and resonance from said exhaust. Its quieter than stock, but not nearly as quite as some stern drive boats. When I walk around the boat, the noise is predominate on the rear platform and is much deeper in tone than engine noise.

Just my thoughts/trials... it's progress :)

ripler

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
MasterCraft
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Haven't had the boat out yet, so can't report on anything yet.