• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Alumacraft

shaddad

Reaction score
Boat Make
Other
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Does anyone know what is going on at Alumacraft? I have been trying to reach them by phone and email for 3 weeks with no luck. When I dial the number listed for customer service (844-345-4277) I now get a message that says: "the number you have reached has been disconnected or is no longer in service." When I dial their main number, there is no answer. Are they going out of business like Evinrude? I also emailed the parent company BRP- no reply.

Does anyone know what is going on at Alumacraft? I have been trying to reach them by phone and email for 3 weeks with no luck. When I dial the number listed for customer service (844-345-4277) I now get a message that says: "the number you have reached has been disconnected or is no longer in service." When I dial their main number, there is no answer. Are they going out of business like Evinrude? I also emailed the parent company BRP- no reply.
Alumacraft just unveiled 2023 models 2 weeks ago so I assume all is well but thats just a guess

Alumacraft Competitor 195

The 2023 Alumacraft Competitor 195 with Rotax outboard power and aft MAX Deck. Courtesy BRP

Since most companies of this size have multiple numbers to reach them, based on your request, what are you trying to reach them for? Is your Alumacraft dealer a better choice for your question?

As per their website, product information requests go directly to the dealer locator page.
Customer service: still has an email address as well as the phone number you listed: alumacraft.consumers@brp.com

I am pretty sure most companies are going to email aliases and contact forms as well as offloading most of these requests to dealers as the requests are high, and even higher after a product launch.

Alumacraft's website has been updated for the 2023 models and the facebook page has pretty active, especially with the roll-out of the new BRP outboard and the updated competitor (and the yet unseen trophy). I have been following them closely as a new Alumacraft Trophy is on my short list for a new boat.

Maybe post a comment on their facebook page and see what they tell you?

If your looking to get a question answered about an Alumacraft boat, there is a pretty active owners facebook page, Alumacraft Boat Owners. Its a private group, but pretty large and they are pretty quick about admitting new members.

Jim

I was looking at their 20’ Trophy but there’s no dealers around here and it appears they only offer Mercury motors and I want a Yamaha. I’m thinking of moving to a deep v aluminum fishing boat and it seams brp bought out most of them. Yamaha has G3 but they seam to be a bit more expensive with thinner aluminum. Does anyone know if their G3 boats are basically non negotiable like our jet boats?

I believe that you can order the boat with pretty much any engine you want (depending on availability) or without an engine. For the 205, here are the factory Yamaha options:

1661263444223.png

On the build page, click on the " brand" button where the engine selection is. My local dealer (a couple of hours away in NJ) would actually order my Trophy with an engine and he would install it himself as he is a Mercury dealer. This option makes him more money and also would save me some money.

Jim

It's not the 70's/80's anymore, thats for sure. Where the dealer would put any motor you requested, or what they recommended. With so many motor and boat companies merging or being acquired, the boats usually come Pre-rigged for a particular brand outboard.

That does not mean it cannot be changed, and as stated, it can actually be more lucrative for the dealer to re-rig. But they will lean on the brands they are authorized to sell/service. And they will stick with the brands the boat MFG is tied to.

Alumacraft is the odd duck here, as stated above, they are tied to Mercury/BRP. Which BRP is now going to start pushing their own outboards as seen in the new release this month. So there will be choices direct from the factory that way.

Yamaha has always been one of the top motor options, but seemed to have the fewest ties to boat mfg's. So the point is, you have more options than you think, and each dealer has the option to sell any way you want it, they may just not care to.

I believe that you can order the boat with pretty much any engine you want (depending on availability) or without an engine. For the 205, here are the factory Yamaha options:

View attachment 186459

On the build page, click on the " brand" button where the engine selection is. My local dealer (a couple of hours away in NJ) would actually order my Trophy with an engine and he would install it himself as he is a Mercury dealer. This option makes him more money and also would save me some money.

Jim
Thanks I didn’t see that.

Back