• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Amelia Island Florida

EricM52

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Visiting our son stationed @ Kings Bay Georgia and taking our AR 190 and boating around the ICW. Looking at putting in st marys Ga. Any information would be appreciated

typhoon

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
252XE
Boat Length
Amelia Island has a some nice restaurants, along with quaint shopping. The beach is not bad. I have only been there by car, so I can't comment on getting there by boat. There is a popular sand bar south of there at Fort George. It is a good one, very popular on the weekend. If you do go there, be carful of the currents. The tide rips there.

Disco Volante

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
We took our FSH 190 there for a week this summer. Great place , we launched the boat and kept it at Fernandina marina down town there. Top notch marina. We rode up to St Mary’s a few times fishing the flats up there. Docked and ate lunch there. It looked as if they had a nice marina there, not sure what transient slip situation was there. You can ride over to Cumberland island also. The ocean there can be rough, a lot different than going to Destin or Pensacola. Watch the tide also, there is about a 6 foot tidal range. I would recommend having a marine radio. The coast guard may need to tell you to get out of the way. We saw a sub coming in through at Mary’s pass, it was cool. Have fun! Private message me and I can give you my phone number if you need to discuss. Pic of the manatee that lived in the marina , dock at st Mary’s, sub coming through pass, nice redfish my son caught up by st marys

Attachments