• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Amplifier remote wire

Garyav16

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242 Limited S E-Series
Boat Length
I think mine may be different. So far no luck. I have the connect unit at the helm. My amp/tuner is in the rear port side where the batteries are located. I see the remote wire coming from that unit and I have a remote wire to one of the amps and it works well. However, If I jump it to the other amp then it seems to bypass the first amp and the second one turns on. No luck with a relay as well. I'm not sure what to do now besides take it to a stereo shop.

seanmclean

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
Odd, there should be no way for it to signal one amp and not the other. How did you jump it? Right from the terminal block on the first amp, or did you use a T-Tap somewhere (that may have severed the wire)?

Garyav16

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242 Limited S E-Series
Boat Length
Odd, there should be no way for it to signal one amp and not the other. How did you jump it? Right from the terminal block on the first amp, or did you use a T-Tap somewhere (that may have severed the wire)?
I tapped into the blue remote wire from the tuner/amp in the port side storage area where the batteries are. When connect straight to one or the other amp the amp connected will work. If i connect the first amp and then jump the second the second amp will turn on and the first will not. So, I got tired of it and ordered a JL Audio MM50 for the hell of it. Oh yea, I even ran a relay with two 87 outputs with no luck. None of the amps turned on with it.

So now the set up is:
JL Audio
  • MM50 Source Unit
  • M800/8v2
  • M400/4
  • M6-770ETXv3-Sb-S-GmTi, Tower Speakers
  • M3-650X-S-Gm, 3 Pair
  • M3-770X-S-Gm
  • M6-10IB-S-GmTi-4, Sub
  • M-SWMCPv3-2.375, Swivel Mounts

Last edited:

seanmclean

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
Dumb question on the relay: 1. Sure it's wired properly? 2. Sure it's closing?

I would double check the wiring, there should be no problem with turning on two amps from the same REM. Maybe try a simple distribution block instead of a relay. Definitely an annoying problem.

Does the MM50 connect to connext? I would think not, but curious.

Garyav16

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242 Limited S E-Series
Boat Length
Yep tried it back and forth and forth and back. LOL. I should have tried a distribution block but I said the hell with it and ordered a new Head unit. wanted to get one eventually so this just pushed it up.

As far as I know it does not connect to the connext. I wanted a stand alone anyway to control zones. I've already ordered all the wiring so It will be an easy install. Run power, remote wire to one amp and 3 sets of RCA cable. I'll be posting pictures once i finish.

Mike Clark

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
I am running two amps and all I did was take the single remote wire from the head unit and and sliced to run two wires off the end of it, one to each amp. Works perfectly, no terminal blocks, splitters etc. Been that way for 2 years.

Garyav16

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242 Limited S E-Series
Boat Length
I am running two amps and all I did was take the single remote wire from the head unit and and sliced to run two wires off the end of it, one to each amp. Works perfectly, no terminal blocks, splitters etc. Been that way for 2 years.
Yep, I would do the same but I don't have necessarily a head unit. My tuner/amp is in the port side rear of the boat in the battery compartment. The remote wire back there is not generating enough current to turn on two amps. It works with one perfectly. I've spliced in, jumped, and used a relay. To solve the problem I'm installing a Media Master 50 so no I can control zones. 3 pair of 6.5s, 1 pair of 7.7s, 1 10" Sub, 1 pair of tower speakers.