• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Anchor buddy

Street glide

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Hey guys was looking at some new anchor line yesterday and saw a thing called a anchor buddy looks like a big bungie cord you hook to your anchor anybody ever used one

I have and they work good for me if I’m using 2 anchors off the beach. Use the buddy in the deeper and a different anchor towards shore. This lets the boat move a bit with the wake from other boats going by and you don’t get the yank like you do from just using a rope.

Yea was kinda confused on how it worked lol

Depending on your use case, it's a great product. I personally use it when anchoring near a beach or rocky island. It allows me to put the anchor out to sea, then back in and stretch it as you near shore. Then tie off the stern to a rock/tree/beach anchor. This holds the boat in place avoiding it from hitting the shoreline. When you leave, remove the shoreline tether and it pulls you out to sea automatically which is nice.

Not sure I'd trust it for long term mooring, etc. It's definitely more fragile than a rope. But if used appropriate, it's pretty awesome.

I had it and didn't like it. But I usually just anchor in a cove in a lake. I'm sure it would be great when beaching.

i use one...it's between my baby box anchor and my 100' rode on my 240...been happy in with it's function in muddy bottom north texas lakes.

I like mine for lake use. No strong currents here to deal with. The nice thing is that it works well in a variety of depths and I just clip it on to one of the front cleats and don't have to worry about tying it off.

+1 on using it for beach anchoring.

The stretch lets you pull the boat right up to shore for loading/unloading and then it will pull the boat back out to deeper water if you let some line out from the beach anchor side.

I don’t use it every time but it’s handy in some situations.

Thanks for all the info everyone

Back