• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Anchor light for tower 2017 212X

MidnightRider

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Malibu
Year
Boat Model
Wake
Boat Length
I cracked my anchor light on top of the tower. Since just the light detaches from the tow point with two screws I thought eh the LED light maybe $50 tops. A parts search shows that they only sell the entire tow point and they don't just sell the LED light on top of the tow point. $211.59!!! WTH!! WHY wouldn't they sell just the light, what if it burns out?! The light comes off with two small screws!!!! Anyone know if there is a way to purchase just the light and not the entire tow point. Has to be a way!!!???

Screen Shot 2018-07-04 at 5.27.55 PM.png

Hmmm.... just noticed something else weird about the parts list for this tower. I don't have a "screw knob" for my tower, I have the new twist lock pins. The parts list as well as a parts list, on a different site I double checked, shows a tower with screw knobs. Makes me wonder if that light part is even the right one!?

Screen Shot 2018-07-04 at 5.39.40 PM.png

That is showing the screw knobs on the AR model the light assembly I bet is the same; but our 212x’s have the beefed up tower mount bolts instead of the weaker designed threaded bolts... good luck with the hunt surely there is something compatible

That is showing the screw knobs on the AR model the light assembly I bet is the same; but our 212x’s have the beefed up tower mount bolts instead of the weaker designed threaded bolts... good luck with the hunt surely there is something compatible
AR towers have a different base and two, not three, through-cap (base) bolts. At least in AR240s.

--

Yea I believe the ar210 only has one screw knob for each side of the tower... Where the 212 is a twist lock through bolt design... but the light system should be identical throughout all tower 21’fts

That is the correct tower light. I replaced mine last year with the same model I purchased off of Ebay.

So after doing some measuring, online searching, and comparing I think I may have found the light that Yamaha uses. I'm about 95% sure that it is the Attwood 5580A7.

Found one on Amazon for $39.62
https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00H88BJIE/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o00_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Ordered it and crossing my fingers that it is the one and I can just unscrew the old one and screw on the new one.

I think all of the newer Yamaha's use Attwood for their lighting. At least that's how it is for all of my stock LED nav, tower and courtesy lights. Here's mine and it looks the same as the one in your link so I think you're good.

IMG_9621.JPG IMG_9622.JPG IMG_9623.JPG

My light came today and I can confirm it is the EXACT OEM replacement for the tower light on my boat.

Attwood 5580A7

$39.62 on amazon vs paying $211.59 to have to replace the whole tow point. I'm a happy boater. :winkingthumbsup"

Back