• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Anchor Size for 255 ID Scarab

Boat~R~US

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
SeaDoo
Year
Boat Model
Challenger
Boat Length
What size or type of anchor are you using for your anchor locker in the front of the 255 ID boat? Thanks

Stantm

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Scarab
Year
Boat Model
HO Impulse
Boat Length
I have a jet boat anchor (plastic covered) I purchased for my 195 at Billerica Motorsports here in MA. I think $50 bucks...

Rick215HO

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Scarab
Year
Boat Model
HO Impulse
Boat Length
What size or type of anchor are you using for your anchor locker in the front of the 255 ID boat? Thanks
Do you mean "how in the world are we supposed to fit a decent anchor in this locker?"

I use a Norestar 13 lb Delta anchor. It fits upside down into the locker, shank goes in first. The boarding ladder can be folded into it, but you need to leave about an inch of ladder outside the locker when you close it, which is not a problem for me. I also added some marine carpeting inside the locker for protection, but the anchor fits very snug in it, won't move.
I went a bit oversize because I hate resetting anchors, this one is hard to beat in high winds, waves, etc. and very easy to retrieve.

Depends on where you boat I suppose.

Boat~R~US

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
SeaDoo
Year
Boat Model
Challenger
Boat Length
Ordered a 4 lb fortress anchor with a 10 foot chain hoping this works. But hanging onto my Mantus.... That anchor is amazing for soft bottom situations.

JoeF

Reaction score
Boat Make
Scarab
Year
Boat Model
HO Impulse
Boat Length
Guys, same question as poster. Just got my Scarab 255 ID. Need help finding which anchor FITS in the anchor locker. 4 lb seems way too small for this 25 ft boat. Anyone know what Scarab recommends?

JoeF

Reaction score
Boat Make
Scarab
Year
Boat Model
HO Impulse
Boat Length
Ordered a 4 lb fortress anchor with a 10 foot chain hoping this works. But hanging onto my Mantus.... That anchor is amazing for soft bottom situations.
how did it work??

Joatmon

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Scarab
Year
Boat Model
255 SE
Boat Length
I have a 4# Fortress for my 255 and it works great. I did have to notch out a small clearance area in the locker opening to get the anchor inside.

JoeF

Reaction score
Boat Make
Scarab
Year
Boat Model
HO Impulse
Boat Length
I bought same anchor. Shaft doesn’t fit. Guess I’ll be modifying it or just throw it in the ski locker area. Thanks

Dean P

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Chaparral
Year
Boat Model
VRX
Boat Length
I've been using Danforth anchors with 6' of chain down here with our sandy bottoms. Never had an issue. Albeit I get the next size up. I have the same size for the bow as I have for the stern. IMO when anchoring, you don't want to have to worry about it. Seen to many other boats come loose. It's scary and dangerous. "Invest wisely my friend..."

Scarabpaul

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Scarab
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
I have a 4# Fortress for my 255 and it works great. I did have to notch out a small clearance area in the locker opening to get the anchor inside.
just curious what you notched? i have the same fortress anchor and had to remove my bow ladder to fit the anchor.

Joatmon

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Scarab
Year
Boat Model
255 SE
Boat Length
I thought I might have a pic but I don't. I park boat 25 miles away so not something I can do today. Anyway I notched the rough cut opening where the anchor is stored. 1/2" x 1/2" square. Just enough to get the anchor stock bar through. The anchor has to go to the bottom of the locker with the rope on the sides. I do have to unfold and slide the ladder out. The shank lays against the front of locker. I will send a pic when I can.

I determined where the notch needed to go by seeing where the stock bar was hitting. There may be a difference in the anchor locker size between our boats. The 21' may be smaller than on the 25'.

I did not have to do this but you may be able to shorted the stock bar. I just don't know what that does to the function of the anchor.

Joatmon

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Scarab
Year
Boat Model
255 SE
Boat Length
Sorry I was late getting to this. Honestly I forgot to take pictures the last time I was out. The notch in the upper right is all I needed to get the anchor in the locker. As a side note the locker cover had gel coat cracks everywhere. I wasn't getting anywhere with Scarab so I tackled it myself. I added a layer of fiberglass reinforcement to the underside then painted and applied an epoxy clear coat. Another one of my "Jack Of All Trades Master Of None" name sake attributes.

Attachments