• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Another dumb newbie questions about navigation boat lights

NewBoater

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length
Guys need some newbie help again. Thank for the help in advance!

Tonight will be the first night the boat will be out after dark since I have purchased it. I noticed there is an extra pole that was included with the boat that looks like it is used for navigation lights. Not sure where it connects to the boat. I'm guessing somewhere on the back? When I turn the navigation lights on I haven't looked too good but I think the only lights that come on are the red and green on the front of the boat. Anyone know if this is supposed to be attached somewhere to my boat in particular and do I need to use it for sure?

My boat is a 2015 SX210

Gym

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Guys need some newbie help again. Thank for the help in advance!

Tonight will be the first night the boat will be out after dark since I have purchased it. I noticed there is an extra pole that was included with the boat that looks like it is used for navigation lights. Not sure where it connects to the boat. I'm guessing somewhere on the back? When I turn the navigation lights on I haven't looked too good but I think the only lights that come on are the red and green on the front of the boat. Anyone know if this is supposed to be attached somewhere to my boat in particular and do I need to use it for sure?

My boat is a 2015 SX210
On the back of your boat should be a cover which covers the socket for your anchor light. It's probably located on the aft, starboard side of your boat. You must have this on at night along with your positional (red & green) running lights. Your switch for these lights should have 2 positions. Up, on mine, turns on all running lights, down just leaves on the white anchor light used if you anchor at night.

P.S. That's not a dumb question.

bronze_10

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Sounds like the anchor light... it should have a white light on the top... on my 2008 sx230 the is a plug for it between the rear seats and the swim platform with a spring loaded cap on it.. open the cap and push the pole down untill it plugs in with the electrical prob at the bottom... if it is dusk and u are anchored u have to have this light on... if u are navigating then u must have both the bow lights and the anchor light one... I think! Lol

Gym

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length

mraz72

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length
Moving = both the front lights and anchor light on
not moving = JUST the anchor light on

scokill

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
It will have some sort of "screw' type fixture. Make sure you twist it to lock in the socket. If you don't a couple of things can happen...one is that the light goes on/off with each jiggle of the boat. two, it could bounce out of the socket and end up in davey jones locker.

NewBoater

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length
It doesn't want to fit very well with the Bimini top laid back close to it. Jam it down but it seems to not jam all the way

Gym

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
It doesn't want to fit very well with the Bimini top laid back close to it. Jam it down but it seems to not jam all the way
You have to line up the key with the keyway. It will only fit one way. The tab on the bottom of the post has to line up with the slot. Then push it all the way down. It's a tight fit so it won't wiggle.