• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Another idea that might be worth while.

primedoc

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
It appears as if www.jetboating.net is essentially a dead site. We should try to find out who owns it and try to buy the domain so that we can direct that traffic back to here. Even it the owner wants a ridiculous price ($1,000) we could raise that kind of money in about 3 minutes and own it. Even though there is not much use of the site now it pops up much higher on a google search than this board does (likely based on website age) and could possible direct more web traffic our way. Has anyone thought of placing a web ad on boattrader.com, the hulltruth, or iboats? No idea what that would cost but would definitely be willing to kick in a donation to help promote the site - as I'm sure many others would be as well.

Bruce

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral 1*
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Great idea. I filled in their contact form asking about getting a link on their links page. Thought it might be a good way to get the conversation started.

I also contacted Boattest.com to ask about being a partner earlier today. That one is probably a long shot but I will ask again once we build our member numbers.

I have planned to look at Google Adwords advertising once we get some content built up.

primedoc

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
Great idea. I filled in their contact form asking about getting a link on their links page. Thought it might be a good way to get the conversation started.

I also contacted Boattest.com to ask about being a partner earlier today. That one is probably a long shot but I will ask again once we build our member numbers.

I have planned to look at Google Adwords advertising once we get some content built up.
Sounds good. Let us know if you need any donations for ads, etc. I know that there are meny folks who would be happy to chip in.

Volffas

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length

I have used Google Adwords in the past. I was able to get some pretty good results for a little bit of money. Making the ads was super easy and you can see exactly what websites they are posting on and what kind of results they are getting. You can target almost any demographic that you would like (age, sex, interests the list goes on and on).

I also wouldn't be afraid to try Facebook ads. You can get even more specific with who you would like to see the ads. And the price is pretty reasonable.