• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Another Yamaha added to the stable!

Neutron

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
My wife Jeannine has been contemplating getting her own ski instead of riding "bitch" on mine.
Well this past Thursday she said lets look. And today we finally pulled the trigger on this ski for her.
20180629_171934.jpg 20180629_171939(1).jpg

A tame ski in comparison to my FZS but great for her.

On 4 wheeler atv's they made side by sides so you could ride "shotgun " instead of "bitch" maybe they should do that with pwc's lol

On 4 wheeler atv's they made side by sides so you could ride "shotgun " instead of "bitch" maybe they should do that with pwc's lol

They did that back in the day. Look up Kawasaki SC. Even the steering wheel, yes wheel lol, slide from side to side so either rider could become the pilot.

Edit - here's a pic

image.jpeg

I miss my SC I’ve been looking for one for a while now. My dad bought me one back in 1995 for my first ski. I thought it was dorky then got a 1996 seadoo XP next year, but I want a SC again now. My fox cruiser and VXR are like sofas compared to those

Picked Jeannine's new EX Deluxe with the new tandom trailer. Took her out for a shakedown run after work.
I was actually surprised how nimble and fun it was. She loves it. Looks tiny next to my FZS. Now i needs a big shed to clear out all the stuff on the sides
20180703_190512.jpg 20180703_203950.jpg

That's awesome. Would be great to hear how she likes the EX Deluxe as I'd like to recommend that ski to folks that are always asking me what to buy.

Did you get the extended warranty?

-Greg

That's awesome. Would be great to hear how she likes the EX Deluxe as I'd like to recommend that ski to folks that are always asking me what to buy.

Did you get the extended warranty?

-Greg
It came with free 3 years added warranty.
My wife loves it, its quite tippy but stable at speed. It can be slid in a turn. And it plenty fast and it accelerates fast enough for a novice. My FZS is very stable compared.
The RIDE system is great. While it is the same reverse bucket as my FZS, the left throttle control is cool but i can do the exact manoeuvring with my non Ride FZS. Anyone looking into a ski for a beginner, the EX Deluxe is the ski.
My wife is a timid person and is scarred with just about anything. After about 15 minutes on the EX she was pretty confident. I even had her use the ride 2 times to beach it with ease and not smacking the bottem

Bought at Big Rock Powersports I see. I recognize the shop. I bought my boat from the "sister" shop Twin County in Rocky Mount....back when they still sold Yamaha boats. They were easy to deal with back then and offered me a great price. Hope they treated you well too!

Bought at Big Rock Powersports I see. I recognize the shop. I bought my boat from the "sister" shop Twin County in Rocky Mount....back when they still sold Yamaha boats. They were easy to deal with back then and offered me a great price. Hope they treated you well too!
Yup it was Big Rock. I pass it on my way to work. Darin( who is good friend of a guy i work with) treated us great! They went out of there way to get me the aluminum double Triton trailer that i wanted(so it could fit in my garage with my two bikes)

I would have bought from Performance East but they were out of most skis and we're slow to return my calls. So after buying my boat and my fzs from them, they lost my recent purchase to Big Rock. They are almost sold out as well. Only about 4 skis left.
Believe it or not, most dealers are sold out of skis. My wife wanted something smaller and not so violent than mine. The EX is a great fit for her

Believe it or not, most dealers are sold out of skis.
I believe you! We have observed a real invasion of skis on our little river in the past year or two, unbelievable. I guess it makes perfect sense, the skis are getting incredibly good in terms of performance these days, and probably more people can afford them as compared to boats.

Now my wife wants one...:banghead:

--

I picked up a VX Cruiser HO 1.8 for the wife two weeks ago. The dealer was giving pretty deep discounts (more than $1000) off of MSRP! Barely got it broken in so far. The wife has always loved jetskis and it was time to get her a toy of her own. She is aching to do a bimini trip on it in tandem with the boat. I am chomping at the bit to mod it!

If anyone else is in the market for a ski, the dealership I got my ski from moves a ridiculous number of skis each year and still has stacks of crated up brand new skis in most of the models (VXR was sold out for the year) and have the sale going as far as I know. The FX models and GP1800 had even bigger discounts than the one we purchased.

If anyone wants the dealership's info, which is in the Houston area, just PM me. Please be aware that the 19 model year is a refresh on at least some portion of the ski lineup.

Jetski.PNG

If it were up to me i would have gotten her a FX Limited or Cruiser SVHO. But she got to pick and wanted small, light, and no neck snapping power like mine.
I still want a superjet though

Very nice.... Nice DRZ SM you got there by the way. Is that a 2013? I just picked up a 2013 DRZ 400SM with 4900 miles, Yoshi exhaust, fender eliminator, and Red Bull graphics in April. Love it! I have also wanted a supermoto, and couldn't hold off any longer.

IMG_1013 by josefmd, on Flickr

Very nice.... Nice DRZ SM you got there by the way. Is that a 2013? I just picked up a 2013 DRZ 400SM with 4900 miles, Yoshi exhaust, fender eliminator, and Red Bull graphics in April. Love it! I have also wanted a supermoto, and couldn't hold off any longer.

IMG_1013 by josefmd, on Flickr
Thanks, its a 2014. Its a tuned big-bore, fcr carb, cams, etc.... the list is long.
I tore it apart when it was new and made it a beast now. I used to work a motorcycle and jet ski shop with a dyno, so i played a lot with my bikes

20150323_150521.jpg

Found a pic on the dyno

That blue is sharp in the sun.

Back