• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Any info on the K&N oem RIVA air filter '18 242x?

jacoviii

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
255XD
Boat Length
So looking to see if anyone has tried the Riva K&N oem replacement filter. Is there any performance to be had?

Weeb

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I think someone found a k&n that fit.

F.M.

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
255XD
Boat Length
I'm running the Riva filters in my 2017 242X. No noticeable performance gains from the filters to speak of. But I installed them at the same time as the ribbon delete and my L13 pump cones.

Neutron

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
So looking to see if anyone has tried the Riva K&N oem replacement filter. Is there any performance to be had?
There is no performance gains with any a/m filters they do give you a spark arrestor in case you remove the factory ribbons

jacoviii

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
255XD
Boat Length
There is no performance gains with any a/m filters they do give you a spark arrestor in case you remove the factory ribbons
How many modern FI motors have you had back fire and burn a air filter?

Neutron

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
How many modern FI motors have you had back fire and burn a air filter?
Not a one, but in a marine application they are required. Not that anyone would check.
The Riva filter is coast guard compliant i believe.

I am sure if you had an engine fire and if your insurance company investigated it thoroughly they could deny any claim if you didn't have some sort of spark arrestor.

MidnightRider

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Malibu
Year
Boat Model
Wake
Boat Length