• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Anybody pulling their boats with a Tahoe?

HawkTX

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Pulled this beast 60 miles yesterday with my Tahoe. If anyone is considering the Tahoe and you are going to haul your boat get the "max towing package". It's rated to tow 8,300 pounds includes a 3.42 axle ratio and built-in electric trailer brake controller with auto leveling.

First pic is a pano so looks kinda weird.

PaulyB

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Thanks everybody. We're in between trading my truck that is almost paid off or wait a little bit while building our saving back up from loosing my job a couple years ago and lawyer bills to sue my ex boss(separate issue) and trading my wife's Malibu ltz That way I get to keep my truck. Might have to wait a year but everybody wins.
I miss my Malibu LTZ...

BigN8

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
I just towed my boat for the first time with the wife's 2015 Tahoe. Wow, it really does tow the boat well. I had no problems pulling off the ramp at all, and acceleration is good. Our Tahoe must be equipped with some kind of air ride suspension because the tongue weight did not compress the suspension like I thought and I also noticed when I unhooked the trailer I heard a hissing noise coming from the rear axle like air being let out. I need to read the manual I guess.

Just1more

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length
Yep. Have the 2015 LTZ and it does have a weight balancing system. Freaked me out the first time I hooked the boat to hear it kick on and the tongue begin to rise. Love this truck!