• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Anyone getting antsy for spring yet?

bronze_10

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
I have already purchased three used water skis, a 12v air pump for inflatables, a new ski rope and a medium size box anchor. (Once i saw it medium may be a little large but hey, no more anchor problems). I have also watched the seadeck instal video three times and read all the install threads looked at all the boating catalogs... last fall we removed the old swim mats but didn't get any further..... I feel like i am going through the DT's......

Umm..... YES!

yes, me too. Spending way too much time and money but can't wait. @Williamsone46, how much did it cost you to have your Wakeboard rack powder coated? I have the same boat and color scheme and was thinking of doing the same thing. Also noticed you are one of very few who don't have either TV or Cobra's. Have you not seen the need for them? Or like me are you still trying to decide which ones?

Agreed! New waverunner here for me. Need to install seadek once the weather thaws. Also, as I have a wide slip, I am trying to see if I can rig it so that the ski could be docked next to the boat this summer. However, summer needs to come quick....I spending too much!

I have a couple of projects that I need to get done in the boat, but yes I am ready and itching!! 2 more ballast pumps and redo all of my 3/4" line to 1" line for faster fill times.

Boat show in Portland this week...that will only makes matters worse. My plan is talking with Samson sports and ordering the other surf/surf rack and previewing the exile tower speakers. Our boat ready for the water no later than mid March with all the mods done!

@RoughRider you don't need fins. With a little practice, you will become a pro and learn how to make it dance and respond to your every whim and condition.

Yeah, really looking forward to getting back on the water...

It's usually about this time when I start watching just about any Youtube video I can that is boat related, and skimming thru our own pics and videos from last summer.

I'm still not sure what, if anything, I'll do for spring mods. Nothing is really jumping out at me... :sorry: Might just pull it from storage, clean it and fire it up. Maybe ballast, but doubt I would 'hard wire' it, so not really anything to install there. Maybe onboard charger, but that's a quick one to do. Maybe second amp for tower or swim deck speakers... Plenty of time to ponder it I guess!

Went to NYC boat show over the weekend and Yamaha had the FULL line-up. Impressive display. Very anxious for summer, but there is a LOT of winter left around here.

Started Sunday by realizing it was 61F in January and wishing the boat wasn't in a storage unit... Realized that I'd never properly unpacked our group buy SeaDek. So I found the box, spent some time looking through it, and laid all the bits flat in a spare room. Which got me thinking about some modifications I want to do to our dock. And then I was thinking about an amp... Next thing you know ALL of Sunday was gone with boat stuff.

Nah, not thinking about the boat at ALL!

Winter. :grumpy:

Let's see what I have accumulating for the boat in the corner of the exercise room: hose pinchers for towing to add to the onboard tool box , Blue Sea Systems circuit fuse box with cover, stainless steel cup holders, LEDs for the cup holders and an RGB controller, engine compartment high water alarm and of course a full boat set of SeaDeck all waiting to be installed. Spring and of course summer can't get here fast enough.

Of course I'm refereeing 8 to 10 basketball games a week right now so no time to do anything with the boat anyway!

Are you kidding....most definitely! SeaDek installed, new speakers going in as we speak, new inflatables and a new board that needs to be rode!

ummm.....actually ...not yet ! I miss the cold mornings and need a few more before I get ansy for spring.......Besides, Last May I bought a new fixed mount radio and antenna, In June I bought a new fuel sender unit, in late June I bought satellite docking equipment....a year ago i bought a new power terminal assembly for acessories..all of it still in its box.....I didnt want the boating down time on the sunny days......So I have a few projects waiting in the garage !!!
I drill more holes in the tower this weekend ......ugggggg

Not quite yet. Probably because it hardly feels like we've had winter around here yet. A few weeks of snow and cold and then I'll be begging for boating season to arrive. (That or a trip to the boat show this coming weekend...)

I've got some "workshop" projects I want to get done before spring. This, of course, means that the time between now and spring will go by "too fast" to get them all done... which is fine with me!

As much as I love boating, I like being forced to "change gears" by the seasons. Having a wide variety of interests and hobbies keeps things from getting same-old-same-old.

Back