• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Anyone know what part this is called?

Evolver7

Reaction score
Boat Make
Sugar Sand
Year
Boat Model
Tango
Boat Length
Hello kind Sugar Sand Tango people,

I need some help, what is this part called? The linkage broke that connects to the reverse bucket. I am curious if this is actually the throttle cable? Is this correct or is it something else? The part has rubber fitting over the top and seems to be good on the left side but the right side has a break in the actual link and is not connected anymore. Any thoughts on the part and what it is called? Thank you

Attachments

Scottintexas

Jetboaters Admiral
Staff member
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
probably that is your reverse bucket cable, not the throttle cable, not sure what your binnacle set up is but on the yamaha's we have two cables attached to the binnacle, as you give it gas in forward one cable moves the bucket to the forward position and the other increases rpm's

it may take a day or two for a sugar sands owner to pop in, not many of those boats in use anymore,

@Bilmon

Bilmon

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Sugar Sand
Year
Boat Model
Mirage
Boat Length
that is your shift cable as scotintexas said, one on the port side is the steering cable. Throttle cable terminates in the engine compartment and works in conjunction with the shift cable as Sugarsand uses a single lever controller. I'm guessing you have a 175, here's a link to your engine service manual. The first section under sportjet installation shows the cable set up Boatinfo - Mercury Service Manual for 175xr SportJet

Blkrvrbart

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Sugar Sand
Year
Boat Model
Tango
Boat Length
By the way, when you put it back together, make certain it is adjusted to clear the top of the jet nozzle in forward by at least 3/8”. That’s how some folks lose their reverse bucket. Might be how that one was broken. It’s in the manual on how to adjust it.

JimzJazz175

Reaction score
Boat Make
Bayliner
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
I also have a 175 SportJet in a Bayliner Jazz. The shift cable is trashed and I cannot find the detail on the replacement part. I know there are cables all over the web and at the local suppliers, but what type is this? The external cable is gone and I have not yet taken the control end apart. Any help is appreciated.

1998 Bayliner Jazz with a 175 HP SportJet XR2

The steering cable is also locked up. I will have to replace that one too. This boat has been in non-use for several years, and it was "free" to me. And we all know that there is no such thing as a free boat. LOL