• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Anyone on here close to Dale Hollow lake Ky.??

JC6275

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
LS
Boat Length
Anyone on here close to Dale Hollow lake in Ky. That would be willing to go check out / water trial a Yamaha and give me a report back? Looking to purchase a boat that is kept on the lake down there.

BigAbe75

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
X
Boat Length
Has to be some folks here, surely.

Less than 3 hours for @2kwik4u
Only 6 and some change for me. :)

JC6275

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
LS
Boat Length
@BigAbe75 , Yeah, it's about 7 for me, just trying to avoid what happened to me on Monday. Drove 5 hours to see a 2012 AR 210 with 38 hours, described as very good condition which with the super low hours I believed. Get there to see / test it with a stack of cash and full intention to come home with it. The boat looked like it had not had a bath since 2012, 3 seats were trashed from what looked like a barn cat that used them as a scratching post, trailer tires looked like they had been driven on 10 psi for 1000 miles. Several scratches on the sides and bottom. But the best is took it out for water test, one engine kept surging/ bogging from 5000 to 8000 rpm, the seller said the gas is probably 3 years old and have never changed the plugs. Needless to say I came home empty handed after being thoroughly disappointed... Rant Over!!!

AboveTheBest

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
@BigAbe75 , Yeah, it's about 7 for me, just trying to avoid what happened to me on Monday. Drove 5 hours to see a 2012 AR 210 with 38 hours, described as very good condition which with the super low hours I believed. Get there to see / test it with a stack of cash and full intention to come home with it. The boat looked like it had not had a bath since 2012, 3 seats were trashed from what looked like a barn cat that used them as a scratching post, trailer tires looked like they had been driven on 10 psi for 1000 miles. Several scratches on the sides and bottom. But the best is took it out for water test, one engine kept surging/ bogging from 5000 to 8000 rpm, the seller said the gas is probably 3 years old and have never changed the plugs. Needless to say I came home empty handed after being thoroughly disappointed... Rant Over!!!

I’m confused about why you want to look at the Kentucky boat...

The one you just looked at is clearly a winner :)

BigAbe75

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
X
Boat Length
@Bruce it's been awhile since I’ve logged on from my computer. Is the member map working, now?? We need to find a South Kentuckian. Lol

djetok

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Boatless
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Last edited:

2kwik4u

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I could go look. Gonna be a few weeks before I can get down there though. Wife and I will be heading to Dale Hollow for our anniversary at the end of Sept if you can wait that long.

I bet you can find one of the TN guys to get there quicker.

JC6275

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
LS
Boat Length
I could go look. Gonna be a few weeks before I can get down there though. Wife and I will be heading to Dale Hollow for our anniversary at the end of Sept if you can wait that long.

I bet you can find one of the TN guys to get there quicker.
@2kwik4u , I will keep that in mind. We are in the middle of a move so every spare minute I have is going towards that, I am not sure my wife will let me have another full off day to go look at another one. I appreciate the offer!!

jsg73

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
X
Boat Length
I am at lake Cumberland about every weekend. Where on Dale is it?
If you can’t find anyone closer and more timely, I could probably look at it in late September.

jjmparsons

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
Right at 3 hours from me. I wouldn't be available to go and look at it until Mid Sept though. Weekend of the 14th/15th. Have a trip coming up next week so I will be out of town but if you're still in need of someone getting some eyes on the wife and I may be up for an adventure to Kentucky!!!

eHall

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I have a 2017 Yamaha 242X on Barren River Lake but I’m 1.5 hours north of the lake (about 2.5 from dale hollow).

My schedule is fairly busy for next few weeks.

Always Some risk with buying a used boat. If it look good and runs well during trial, go for it.