• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Anyone purchase from Impellers.com?

Coryd

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
My boat is currently in the shop getting the impeller housings, impellers, and some other pump items replaced. The stock impellers from Yamaha are currently on backorder until the end of February so I'm thinking of buying some aftermarket impellers. Found some nice ones that appear to be in stock on Impellers.com but wanted to check here first to see if anyone has any experience purchasing from them and how their customer service was.

I have not but for aftermarket impellers you want the solas concord. Those are the impellers of choice for the yamaha pumps. Way better than the stock yamaha impellers. You wont get better top end but the acceleration will be night and day with no cavitation. I have a 450hp svho in my ski running 90mph and the concord holds all that power with zero cav.

Never tried impellers.com

Did you try Babbits? They usually have everything in stock and ships within a couple days.

You could try upgrading to the 6CW impellers out of the 190. Much better hole shot on the twin engine boats.

Never tried impellers.com

Did you try Babbits? They usually have everything in stock and ships within a couple days.

You could try upgrading to the 6CW impellers out of the 190. Much better hole shot on the twin engine boats.
Yeah, once my dealer told me it was back ordered until almost March, I started looking everywhere. Babbit’s, Partzilla, called dealers all over the country, nobody had any in stock. I asked the dealer if there were any alternatives and, of course, they said no. The work is covered under warranty so they’re probably reluctant to recommend anything else aside from the exact replacement part. But they said if I can find an aftermarket alternative, they’ll still cover the labor. I didn’t know a 6CW would work in a 210, I’ll look into that.

I have not but for aftermarket impellers you want the solas concord. Those are the impellers of choice for the yamaha pumps. Way better than the stock yamaha impellers. You wont get better top end but the acceleration will be night and day with no cavitation. I have a 450hp svho in my ski running 90mph and the concord holds all that power with zero cav.
Thanks, I’ll see what I can find. Trying to find something that will work with the stock housings though as they’re being replaced under warranty. From what I’ve seen, Solas requires their housing as well.

No solas doesnt require their housing. They are replacement impellers for the stock pump. The difference with solas concords is they are progressive pitch vs a straight pitch like the stock unit. Min for example starts at 13 then gets steeper to 18 at the trailing edge. The stock impellers are terrible and can barely hold the power of the stock engine. My 275 brand new and it just cavitates like a sob. You have to very slowly roll on the throttle otherwise you go nowhere. I will prob change mine out eventually once i get fed up with the stock units. Best thing i ever did on my ski was change them out. Check impros. They stock all the popular impellers. Or they usually do. God only knows though these days. You cant get anything. What is wrong with the stock impeller?

No solas doesnt require their housing. They are replacement impellers for the stock pump. The difference with solas concords is they are progressive pitch vs a straight pitch like the stock unit. Min for example starts at 13 then gets steeper to 18 at the trailing edge. The stock impellers are terrible and can barely hold the power of the stock engine. My 275 brand new and it just cavitates like a sob. You have to very slowly roll on the throttle otherwise you go nowhere. I will prob change mine out eventually once i get fed up with the stock units. Best thing i ever did on my ski was change them out. Check impros. They stock all the popular impellers. Or they usually do. God only knows though these days. You cant get anything. What is wrong with the stock impeller?
Nice, I’ll keep looking then. My starboard impeller housing had some corrosion behind the wear ring and the impeller was contacting the housing. It wasn’t to the point where I noticed any performance degradation though, it was just the sound that made me bring it to the shop. Then they found corrosion behind the wear ring on the port side housing as well. So now they’re replacing impellers, housings, shafts, transom plates, and all the bearings and seals under warranty. This is on a 2018 AR210 with 296 hrs that has been meticulously maintained, although used exclusively in salt water.

Ok so if you get in a jam and you cant find anything then you can send your stock impeller to impros. They can balance, blueprint it and being it back to factory spec even if the dia is smaller from rubbing. Only thing i will recommend is you dont wait until
March or april like everyone else or your going to find a large lead time and youll prob be waiting.

Ok so if you get in a jam and you cant find anything then you can send your stock impeller to impros. They can balance, blueprint it and being it back to factory spec even if the dia is smaller from rubbing. Only thing i will recommend is you dont wait until
March or april like everyone else or your going to find a large lead time and youll prob be waiting.
Thanks. I did contact Impros and they were at least 3 weeks out as the impellers they do have in stock would need repitched for my boat. Not to mention it was $415 for each impeller. For $830, I figured I could wait the extra week or two for the back ordered impellers. I hear ya though, definitely don’t want to wait until boat season up north is about to start and everyone is looking for parts.

Hey guys, ask Glenn at impros how to stop cavitation. I run 3200lb ballast in my 16 242x while surfing. His solution was to weld a 2nd impeller in front of a custom pitched impeller. Yes 4 impellers total. Makes a world of difference surfing, boat couldn't get to 11mph. Bigger, longer wave. Zero cavitation. Not an inexpensive upgrade but no one is saving money buying a boat.

Attachments

• IMG_3945.jpg
    IMG_3945.jpg
    558.2 KB · Views: 42
  • 27545004513755.jpeg
    27545004513755.jpeg
    419.8 KB · Views: 38
Hey guys, ask Glenn at impros how to stop cavitation. I run 3200lb ballast in my 16 242x while surfing. His solution was to weld a 2nd impeller in front of a custom pitched impeller. Yes 4 impellers total. Makes a world of difference surfing, boat couldn't get to 11mph. Bigger, longer wave. Zero cavitation. Not an inexpensive upgrade but no one is saving money buying a boat.

never heard of doing this before, @swatski did you ever consider this ??

maybe start a new thread with this title and give us some pictures/videos of your ballast placement/set up and wave in action,

very interesting,

Skat has made the twin props for years. This must be impros version of theirs…or similar

As far as set up I have yamaha wakebooster. 1000lb steel ballast, 600lb sand ballast and full 1600lb factory ballast. I stuffed surf side wet storage full with 8 steel bags and 3 sand bags. Then 4 steel bags and 4 sand bags (60lb each) on the non surf side wet storage. 2 more steel bags surf side under factory ballast, 2 steel bags in front of non surf side ballast. 2 steel bags on each side under front seats. This leaves no bags or ballast on seats or floors or swim step/transom seats. We leave all the steel and sand in the boat. We only tow 1000 feet to the launch and and back in havasu.

Oh I'm 6ft 215lbs. Surf the 5'3" slingshot coaster or 4 10 ronix koal powertail. I am also getting used to ctrl durado (4'4").

Here is me in Havasu a couple days ago.

Skat has made the twin props for years. This must be impros version of theirs…or similar
Just thought twin impellers would help your cavitation.

i have never used the skat setup in my ski but i do hear from people they do really help cavitation. you do lose some top end though....atleast with skat. did you notice a top speed loss on your boat?

Yes, I do notice maybe 3mph difference if the lake is flat. But we never run wide open here. Our props were also custom pitched to really allow our boat to get grip for surfing. Moving 3200lbs ballast plus 6 adults from 9.5mph to 10.8mph was our goal. 9.5 was was tall just a short pocket. 10.8 we can surf the pocket in a 15ft window.

You have a 275 so I assume your not surfing, but knowing your weight and goal will let Glenn know what you need to accomplish that goal. My impellers and new stainless wear rings came to about 2000 bucks. I personally removed, hand delivered to Glenn, and picked up and installed in my boat. 2000 seems expensive but selling, buying a mastercraft x26 ($195,000) and then customizing for surf would cost a lot more. Getting a custom set up for your 275 wouldn't be out of the question.

Back