• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Anyone see/use this?

MrWizard

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
http://www.rhinohitch.com

It's pretty salty for a hitch, but for those of us pulling different trailers - could come in handy, no?

Anyway, just one more thing to spend money on as seen in this forum :greedy:

AZDANSX230HO

Passed Away
In Memoriam-RIP
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
I have so many different ball mounts for different drops in both 2" and 2 5/16" that makes the price of this very justifiable. Right now with the equipment trailer, boat trailer, and travel trailer I am good to go with the correct ones.

Wayloncle

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I've been seeing that on FB.
To me it's over engineered, it sticks out too far, too many moving parts that add a little bit of slack each..I guess if you owned more than 3 trailers that you needed different heights of a hitch for each one and you towed each one daily.... maybe it'd be worth it.

Normally if you have a travel trailer you will have a WD hitch specifically for that (I keep mine attached to the TT at all times) I disconnect by pulling the pin out of the receiver and pushing my truck forward same with hooking up.

I have a hitch for the boat 2" rise setup.
I have a 2" drop setup as well that was for my enclosed trailer that I don't have any longer. $50 in hitches (not including the WD of course) compared to $350~

Bruce

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral 1*
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Any increase in hitch length decreases your vehicle's tow and tongue weight capacity. This hitch certainly reduces capacity. If I was towing a boat sized load with a 3/4 or 1 ton I might consider it but certainly not if you are anywhere near capacity.

RightStuff

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Moomba
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
I agree, looks overkill for basic trailer/boat trailer towing. If I were to buy a new ball mount I would def. get an adjustable one. These are the 2 types I was looking at, figured I would post them for other to look at and research. Both seemed to be around the $200-$300 range, which is preventing me from upgrading at this point, I just don't tow that many different things to need all the different heights.

http://www.turnoverball.com/products/bumper-towing
https://andersenhitches.com/Catalog/ball-mount.aspx