• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter
  • Announcing the 2024 Jetboat Pilot 10th Annual Marine Mat Group Buy for JetBoaters.net members only! This is your best time to buy Marine Mat from JetboatPilot - you won't get a better price - 30% Off! Use Coupon Code JETBOATERS.NET at checkout.

So if you are tired of stepping on really hot snaps/carpet, or tired of that musty carpet smell - Marine Mat is the best alternative out there! Get in on this now, or pay more later!

You only have until September 30th to get in on this.....So Hurry!

You can dismiss this notice by clicking on the "X" in the upper right corner>>>>>>>>

AO Coolers on Sale

Cory

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
Got an Email today

Enter Discount Code: 052614 and
SAVE 10% ON ALL OF OUR COOLERS!

I got one too! I need a boat name so I can get an embroidered name on it! We have a 24 can carbon series in silver, and want another of the same in the 36.

I literally just got two new AO's in the mail on Friday and just got the e-mail tonight. :banghead: I did get to use them both this weekend and they are awesome! My wife now agrees with the purchase.

I got one too! I need a boat name so I can get an embroidered name on it! We have a 24 can carbon series in silver, and want another of the same in the 36.

Would a 48 fit in the cooler area of the 24 foot boats or is it too large and unwieldy? I have a marine 48 quart in there now. But with the hard lid it can be a PITA to open. I got the stow and go for this season to help with that by transferring frequently accessed beverages to the Stow and Go and keeping the hard side for the food/ice/reserve beverages...

I don't know about the 48, but I know my 36 is about all I can hoist up into the boat

I agree the 48 is a beast but it does fit in the normal cooler area. The 24 fits great under the passenger seat of my 2014 242 LS in the J configuration and the 36 fits but gets pushed down just a little.

Just purchased the small Family pack in the Carbon series.

I am testing the Stow and Go right this moment as I post. It fits perfectly under the 242 LS lounge seat. Removal of the carpet allows easy sliding in and out. So far so good!

I am testing the Stow and Go right this moment as I post. It fits perfectly under the 242 LS lounge seat. Removal of the carpet allows easy sliding in and out. So far so good!

Is the stow and go probably the largest cooler that will fit under the lounge seat on the 24' boats? Does it fill up the entire space?

I can't remember, have I read that the stow and go doesn't hold ice as long? Or the opposite? Seems like a much bigger zipper. Not sure but it would probably be easier to get in/out of, but at a price. Any word on that?

The dimensions are 8.5 Tall x 23 Long x 15 Wide and will hold 38 cans plus 14 lbs of ice. That is a big cooler. I am going to go measure the area.

So the area under the seat is only is the same size except 1/2" less height. I like the idea but a little worried that continuous pulling in and out will pull the fabric loose on the seat. Shouldn't be an issue if you don't stuff it full.

I don't see any worries about wearing out the seat fabric, especially if you remove the carpet. We had probably 10-12 cans and 7 lbs of ice, still ice at the end of the day. We zipped the zippers all the way to that end, and then you just pull out 1/3 of it to get into it. Unless of course your beverage of choice is on the other side! I got the "regular" one but would have purchased vinyl or carbon if it were an option or on sale when I bought mine.

It looks very easy to get into vs the zipper down the middle!

Im not sold on the AO coolers. I have one of the 48s.

Likes are: it's soft sided and it did not leak
Dislikes are: expensive and did not keep the ice as advertised.

We are in Tx and over the 4th the ice did not keep for the full day. It was very hot, the cooler was not in direct sunlight. It would fit behind the drivers seat nicely. Started with 45 cans and 20 lbs ice came home with 5 cans and 25% ice after 5 hours on the water.

I won't buy another.

We are in Tx and over the 4th the ice did not keep for the full day. It was very hot, the cooler was not in direct sunlight. It would fit behind the drivers seat nicely. Started with 45 cans and 20 lbs ice came home with 5 cans and 25% ice after 5 hours on the water.

I won't buy another.
Were the cans cold before you started? That makes a huge difference. I noticed it doesn't stay as cold as a solid cooler, but it is certainly th best of the soft sides I've ever used.

I won't buy another.

Ahhh, that's the problem. They never advertised you could go in there 40 TIMES and still keep it cold. :winkingthumbsup" Seriously though, if they started out cold that's a far cry from their claims.

The cans were cold, from the fridge, the AO Cooler was in the AC all night prior to packing and the ice was out of the freezer. The drinks stayed cold during the outing, most of the ice melted by the end of the day.

I agree, this is probably the best of the soft sided coolers. I just can't justify dropping the coin to buy another even at 10% off

I have a 36 AO and like it. That said, I am in Upstate New York and it doesn't get all that hot. Even so, the ice is melted at the end of the day. Everything is cold and cooler works fine, but to claim the ice doesn't melt is a stretch.

Back